1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Massachusetss school ignored police defense of girl they suspended

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 18, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Despite having evidence in hand that Erin Cox, the 17-year-old volleyball player suspended for five days and stripped of her team captaincy because she went to an underaged alcohol party to rescue a friend in trouble, was not drunk and indeed was doing exactly what she said she was doing, the school ignored that evidence and punished her anyway. Boxford police officer Brian Neely wrote an email to the school specifically regarding why Cox was not arrested, cited or otherwise to be made legally accountable for her presence at the party.

Even now that the email from Neely has come to light, the school administration isn't apologizing or willing to admit they blew it. From the same story on FoxNews.com ...

This idiot's blind allegiance to a stupid "zero-tolerance" policy may cost Cox a shot at a Division I scholarship. Despite having outstanding career statistics, Cox is, according to her lawyer, getting mixed responses from potentially interested college programs.

Because she did the right thing? What a load of horse hockey!!

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This girl is being sacrificed on the alter of Zero tolerance. Maybe the teachers union should find something else to worship that does not destroy innocent people.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

If she doesn't get a D-I offer, I think she should sue the school district for the cost of the education she won't be able to get at the school she most likely would have accepted an offer from.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She should have sent an adult. I agree with the school.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may have been better to send an adult but the girl did nothing wrong. She did not drink, she did not do drugs. She only came to pick someone up. There are no rules broken here and there is nothing immoral done. The whole thing is absurd.