1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Masters in Education

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by thjplgvp, May 20, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

For the last 5 years I have been teaching in a in a bible institute on the side. I have a BA in Pastoral Theology from BBC Springfield recently it has been brought to my attention that there is a possibility that in the future I could be asked to oversee a Christian School as its administrator.

Should this position be offered I would feel at this point unqualified primarily because my degree is in theology and not in education. Therefore I am considering getting my Masters in Education but would like to find a school that would bolster that degree with some classes on school management. The education format must be long distance and at this time I am strongly considering West Coast Bible. My spiritual gift is teaching but the management aspect may be a bit of a reach.

Any suggestions, I am looking for quality not easy.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out Liberty University's Master of Education program. They offer an administration/Supervision concentration.

It is a distance education program.

It does require three classes be taken on campus (can be done through week long intensives)

From the website:

"The Master of Education program is a 36 credit hour program...The program is available in multiple delivery formats. Distance learning courses are supported through video/DVD lessons. Residential courses are offered as one- or two-week intensives and weekend intensives. These courses are generally available in early January and throughout the summer. All courses include online components and support. In order to complete the Master of Education program, each student must attend at least three courses on campus."

Liberty has a fine distance education program. I earned my Master of Arts in Religion degree from Liberty. It is a great program, very much worth the time and money. Liberty is also accredited by SACS and the teaching programs are approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).

In Christ,
    Martin.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Martin thank you for the info this looks very much what I am looking for. We'll see what else turns up.

Thanks