1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mat 7:21-23

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by freeatlast, Aug 6, 2012.

1. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

That's a difference without a distinction. You've essentially agreed with me from a different perspective. They had not repented & claimed Jesus as the Messiah; therefore, they are still in there sin; therefore, the only claim they have to eternal life is by there own merit. The unrepentant heart believes itself to be good enough for God's heaven. It is a cause & effect relationship. The prideful heart will always believe it is worthy to stand before God. You're looking at the opposite side of the same coin & denying the other side. I'm not seeing the disagreement.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

These false believers were indeed trusting in their works to save them and not depending on the work Jesus had done in their behalf. Jesus doesn't need our sinless perfection to save us, he has done 100% of what was needed. Our only response is to trust and rely upon what Jesus has done and not ourselves.

Note how it is emphasized that they called Jesus "Lord, Lord". This is said twice. If this does not sound like a Lordship Salvationist I do not know what does. Calling Jesus your Lord and Master and doing good works will not save you, you have to depend completely on what Jesus has done in your behalf to be saved.

The same exact thing is shown in the parable of the publican and the Pharisee.

Luk 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
    10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
    11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
    12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
    13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
    14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Note that this parable was written to those who trust in their own righteousness and despise others. I do not say this to be cruel FAL, but this describes you to a capital "T". You often talk down to others here as though we are all horrible sinners, and you are the only faithful person here at BB. You have boasted that you go days without sinning. I know of no other person here at BB that speaks this way, you sound just like this Pharisee.

Again, I do not say this to be mean, it is the truth. And you know you speak this way.

Calling Jesus "Lord, Lord" and keeping the laws will not save you.

The publican made no claim of being obedient. He freely confessed he was a disobedient sinner and cast himself completely on the mercy of God. He did not look down on or despise others, he was concerned with his own sin before God. Jesus said this man (the publican) went down to his house justified.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we back to teaching a combo package of Judaism/sinless perfection again?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    great day here on the BB, as a Non cal and a cal are in agreement reagrding what jesus was meaning here!

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't know. Do you have a mouse in your pocket? :laugh: