1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt Drudge protects Foley wonder why???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Are you kidding?

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Well they are ya know...

Jamie

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Am I kidding about what?

Jamie

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes, it is true that FoxNews did that. I am not sure we should read any ill intent into it. Mistakes happen at all levels at all places. It has not continued to happen that I know of. I am pretty sure during that segment, the audio clearly identified Foley as a Republican. You would have to be living in Antarctica to not know that.

It is probably similar to what happened on one of hte news networks several years ago when congressman Niger Innis had an unfortunate "g" added to his name in the label.

#44 Pastor Larry, Oct 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2006
  5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I would agree with you if they had admited they made a mistake. When some other major news groups mentioned it to them, they didn't have a comment.

Also, it has happened again, since that first show, and it has happened with other members of congress.

So, I think it is something that needs to be "read" into.

It is my opinion, that FOXnews is pulling out all stopps an pulling every trick they think they can get away with to help the Republicans.

Jamie

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is an outright LIE! I demand that you retract it!! :mad:

I have reported your lie to the administration of this board. It is time for your lying to stop, ASLANSPAL. NOW!!

Here's the annual report for 2005:

http://www.murphyoilcorp.com/ir/annualreport/2005/2005_MurphyAR.pdf

Now either show where there are any reserves in Venezuela or else retract your statement.

#46 KenH, Oct 10, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't hold your breath, Ken.:BangHead:

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carpro, unfortunately, brother ASLANSPAL thinks that whatever the situation was in the world forty years ago has never changed.

Maybe one of these days he'll learn how to debate using up-to-date information. :laugh:

9. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Losing it again I see KenH

Repeat after me KenH

Mureax...Mureax...Mureax

You are the one who is the snake and show attributes of the snake in the garden by not being totally forthcoming in the foundation of Murphy...Muphys foundation is Venezuela...end of 2002 the Mureax refinery was swimming in Venezuela crude ...processing it...my salient point is this...all that has built the bottom line and those profits do impact the future.

It's not as if they are going to turn around and give back all that processing time at Mureax La. and say "oh by the way one of our employees wants us to boycott Citgo and we just thought we would refund all that money"

For all to notice when you travel down a main street which has your neighborhood Wal-mart with its Murphy Gas station you will notice not to far down the main drag is a Citgo gas station ...so why not dis your
    competitor and put Americans out of work then they have less choice and hopefully those with ulterior motives line their pocket.

Yeah, KenH the hits just keep coming

so I guess this will really blow your stack and you will have to fly your reprehensible confederate battle flag to show your true colors.:laugh:

#49 ASLANSPAL, Oct 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2006
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

THAT IS A LIE - A PURE, UNADULTERATED LIE.

You have yet to show that Murphy has any reserves in Venezuela - and you can't, you LIAR.

11. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

No Venezuela No Murphy that's the naked truth

You are the nut case KenH...you know I am targeting the mega-millions that has to do with refining the crude...which means deals and counter deals.

Not lieing at all you have just lost it because you are not the so called expert you think you are....and your effort to dis American employees of citgo by a boycott would pull business your way.

You are the one with the attribute of antichrist in that regard.

I have shown in previous threads that Murphy and its bottom line has profited from Venezuela you are only trying to muddle and spin out of your
    effort to line your pockets.

So keep spinning and taking things our of context....Like the Snake in the Garden and it attributes to hide and deceive.

so keep flying your nut case battle flag.

You are the one who is the snake and show attributes of the snake in the garden by not being totally forthcoming in the foundation of Murphy...Muphys foundation is Venezuela...end of 2002 the Mureax refinery was swimming in Venezuela crude ...processing it...my salient point is this...all that has built the bottom line and those profits do impact the future.

full context KenH...you might actually try it sometime.

[​IMG][​IMG] typical mid sized town has a Wal-Mart and Murphy Gas station which is fine and right down the road is a Citgo...ummmmm....so if I worked for Muphy and called for a boycott of citgo...ummmmm....lets see...more money for me!

#51 ASLANSPAL, Oct 13, 2006
  12. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Aslanspal and Ken,

Can I ask how this has anything to do with the current topic of this thread?

It is apparent that you guys have your differences, but carry it somewhere else, or better yet, just stop.

Jamie

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is another outright lie, you LIAR!!!!

You have yet to show any proof - because you can't, you LIAR!!!!

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear ya.

I'll stop whenever ASLANSPAL stops lying or the moderators make him attempt to prove his point - at which time he will have to stop lying since his point is invalid.

People like ASLANSPAL who spread blatant falsehoods should be banned from this board.

#54 KenH, Oct 13, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  15. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Did Murphy Oil ever use Venezuela crude oil in the past?

16. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Yes they processed Venzuelean Crude late 2002

the answer to your question is yes they processed Venezuelan oil at its Murphy Mureax facility in large amounts that year...which again is my salient point...that Murphy made big money and pro fitted and that is why
    I challenged KenH in his hypocrisy with his boycott of Citgo...how can you
    call for a boycott when you yourself have profited...and you become suspicious of people who work for a competitor to dis another compeititor so that business goes your way...KenH is hyperventilating now because he has been caught in his hypocrisy.

he is bullying and blustering like he does and have treated new posters but I am not a new poster.

The process of the Past has made the company what it is today ....Ken made the admission that it has had a relationship in the past but it was not 40 years ago...it was as late as late 2002 at its Mureax La. refinery.

My salient point is clear...KenH is being general and hyperventilating because he has lost.

The biggest importer of Venezuelan oil was Citgo which is the international downstream division of PDVSA. Citgo this year has

supplied around 40 percent of its 860,000 bpd U.S. refining capacity with Venezuelan crude. Citgo has said there have been no disruptions to its refinery operations and that the company would buy on the international spot market to make up for any shortfall from Venezuela. U.S. major ConocoPhillips will have to make the biggest adjustment, having taken over 230,000 bpd of Venezuelan crude so far this year. Other U.S. majors receiving significant amounts of Venezuelan crude so far this year were ExxonMobil, Valero and Murphy Oil.
    Venezuela provides over 13 percent of the crude and products imported by the United States every day and has recently ranked fourth behind Saudi Arabia, Canada and Mexico among top U.S. crude suppliers.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=5064

[​IMG]

The United States import 12 percent of its Oil from Venzueuela and the Gulf facilities in the Gulf wheel and deal to process it....even Murphy has gotten in on the piece of the pie....future specifics once released will tell
    if Murphy still does it but it is not as far back as 40 years like a so called expert claims.

I stand on my statement without Venzuelan oil their would be no Murphy Oil and it is hypocrisy to call for a boycott and destruction of 4000 american jobs when you and your company have been involved in the past
    a past by the way that helped the foundation and bottom line to finance its future...I am suspicious of motive ..one oil employee is using against another americans who just so happen to work for the competition.

so the short answer and absolute truth to the question Terry is this

yes...Murphy processed oil from Venzuela in the recent past. and it is ???
    whether they do that now but that does not change my salient point. As I have stated before.

Caracas, October 11, 2006 (Venezuelanalysis.com)—U.S. Energy Secretary Sam Bodman told Reuters yesterday that he had no objections to Venezuela’s discounted heating oil program and wished more companies would follow suit. Similarly, U.S. Ambassador to Venezuela, William Brownfield, said he applauds Venezuela’s position of condemning North Korea’s nuclear weapons test.
    Energy Secretary Bodman said about Venezuela’s discount heating oil program, "I can't find my way clear to object to Venezuela being charitable." To him, it is “a charitable contribution and I wish more companies did it.”
    Ever since last winter, Venezuela has been providing heating oil at up to 40% discount to poor communities in 17 states of the U.S. Last year it provided 40 million gallons of discounted heating oil and this year the program has been expanded to 100 million gallons, to benefit 1.2 million people. The program is being carried out in a cooperative effort between the Venezuelan owned Citgo Corporation and a wide variety of U.S. community groups.
    Bodman had expressed his support for the deal already late last year, when he said, “We view it, as corporate philanthropy. We're all for that. Nobody in the Energy Department, or in the government for that matter, is going oppose that. If that's what Mr. Chavez and his colleagues who own CITGO choose to do, I'm certainly not going to criticize," Bodman told CNN last Dec. 9.
    Last year, when heating oil costs were sky-rocketing, the Bush administration had sent out letters to oil companies, asking them to help ease the cost of heating oil in winter. The only company to respond to the call was Venezuela’s Citgo. Some commentators and politicians, though, are re-considering their support for the program because of President Chavez’s reference to President Bush as “the devil” during last month’s opening of the 61st UN General Assembly in New York.
    Also, last June, U.S. Congressmen urged the city of Chicago to accept Citgo’s offer of discounted diesel oil for its buses, an offer that the city’s transportation authority had turned down.
    U.S. Ambassador Brownfield Applauds Venezuela’s position on N. Korea

#56 ASLANSPAL, Oct 13, 2006
  17. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

So Mark Foley and Matt Drudge are tied to Venzualen oil? What was the topic about anyway?
    Well fortunately I've got better things to do other than worry about oil and slimy politicians and a whakco talkshow host. Goin o a hay ride Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!
    :tonofbricks:

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Got room for one more in the wagon?

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a mighty bold statement - that an entire company would not exist without some piddling amount of Venezuelan oil imported to one refinery a few years ago.

This will be my last post on this thread, ASLANSPAL, and I want to publicly apologize for my harsh, personal language toward you in some earlier posts. I allowed myself to become angry and then posted while I was angry. That was wrong on my part.

#59 KenH, Oct 13, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Ok, sorry, but I have to ask after all this...

Granted, I don't believe the company was built upon Venezuelan oil, in reading over the company, it appears the company started in Timber.

However, Aslanspal has stated that Murph Oil has been involved with Venezuelan oil and you mentioned that was 40 years ago, and called him a liar when he stated as much.

Now, he has shown that Murphy Oil did have some Venezuelan oil along with a bunch of others. Do you still think he is lying about that part?

Lying that the company was founded and based on Venezuelan oil, yes, but I don't think he was lying about them dealing with Venezuelan oil.

I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but after all the back and forth, I just had to reply.

Jamie