1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matter of tolerance or stupidity?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Sep 13, 2015.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my home, my wife and I prerecord most shows we watch (can't stand commercial breaks) and we rarely waste money on the film houses because in 6 months we can watch the movie for very little and pause it when we need to visit the facilities. :)

This thread would explore when the tolerance becomes stupidity.

The Scriptures express that the societal sin vexed Lot's righteous soul daily.

I find that true in my own living with the content displayed in some of the shows.

Psalms 1: "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!"
    What blessedness are the believers not receiving because the media that is being watched causes it to be thwarted? Or, is there a poster who would contend that the verse is not applicable and what we ingest through the eyes and hear with the ears has no impact upon us?

Psalms 100: "I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;
    I hate the work of those who fall away;
    It shall not fasten its grip on me. A perverse heart shall depart from me;
    I will know no evil."
    If the Psalmist had such a determination of devotion, is the media that is being watched a hindrance perhaps even a measured violation of that devotion we should have? Again, is there a poster who would contend that the verses are not applicable and what we ingest through the eyes and hear with the ears has no impact upon us?

This is just the start using two questions.

Other questions and Scriptures could be used, and perhaps this thread will explore them.

For instance what of the devotion of the total heart, mind, soul, and strength Christ asks of believers?

Is this a matter of tolerance (as Lot experienced) or stupidity of sacrificing the blessedness upon immediate pleasure?