1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthew 10:23

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Primitive Baptist, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

"But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come." --Matthew 10:23

What did Jesus mean when He said this?

2. er1001

er1001 New Member

[​IMG] Hi Primitive Baptist,It seems to me that Jesus,at this time in history was offering the kindgom to Israel,notice vs 5 of ch 10.Is it possible that between vs 5 and vs 23 the church age has cone and gone with the rapture and vs 23 might be talking about the time toward the end of the 1000 yr kingdom.back in vs 22 He said,He that endureth to the end shall be saved?
    Also is it possible that if the jews had not rejected the savior he would have ushered in the kingdom?
    Look forward to your reply [​IMG] [​IMG] Have a good day in the Lord ER

3. Primitive Baptist

Primitive Baptist New Member

I do not think Jesus made this prediction and disannuled it after the Jews rejected Him. That makes Him seem so weak.

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 10: [1] And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

Since this verse is connected to verse 23... It could only apply during the life of the Apostles... Since those gifts ceased with the Apostles when else would it have occured?... That is the way I see it... Brother Glen The Primitive Baptist [​IMG]

5. Tim

Tim New Member

Quote from above:"Also is it possible that if the jews had not rejected the savior he would have ushered in the kingdom?"

Is it possible that Jesus actually did usher in the kingdom as He said He would? Meanwhile rejecting some of those unbelieving Jews?

In Christ,

Tim