1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured matthew 22 Parable wedding Feast/many called few chosen!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

It's not your meds Ann. I don't know what he's talking about either.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - OK good. I'm weaning off of it (Topamax) and it really HAS affected my brain. It's so weird because I'm actually forgetting things and I'm not able to think things through logically as easily any more so I thought maybe I was missing something. :wavey:

3. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iḿ sorry Ann for the need for the meds. I just said a prayer for your healing and I do hope God will see it is in His will to do.

I have tried to be as clear as I can and actually there are pastors here in the US and Germany as well as missionaries on the field in Africa and Central America that are my accountability partners and they all either agree or they and I have agreed to disagree because this is one of those secondary issues that will cause noone to stumble and it will not affect their salovation, no matter which swide of this they stand on. Being a bit more direct, only one has found it a reason to discuss and reason over and he agreed after a couple of email between me and him in Germany.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you Bill. It's for migraines but the medicine is worse than the illness so I am getting off of it. I'd rather the pain than the brain malfunctions!!! I'm not a dumb person but it's causing Alzheimer's-like issues bad enough that I even forgot my own son's name!! So off it goes but I have to wean off of it or else it causes seizures. Bleck!!

Are there any commentaries that have this same idea?

5. Forest

Forest New Member

God does have foreknowledge, and He did look down from heaven upon the children of men to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God. Every one of them is gone back; they are altogether become filthy, there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Ps 53:2-3. This is what God had to choose from, Had he not chosen an elect people and reconciled them back to him none would have been saved eternally. None would have turned to God. All of God's elect are called and some (those who have on the wedding garment which is the righteousness of Christ) are chosen for his bride, the church. If all mankind were called then all mankind would be predestinated, justified and glorified, Rom 8:30. If you believe that you were led, it must have been by man and not God.

6. Forest

Forest New Member

All of the elect are the bride of the invisiable church and the chosen elect are of the visiable church, reference; Ezekiel 1. A wheel within a wheel.

7. Forest

Forest New Member

Wrong! Those who are clothed with the righteousness of Christ. All of God's elect are not clothed with the righteousness of Christ as explained in Rom 10.

8. Forest

Forest New Member

I believe the scriptures to teach an eternal salvation and many timely salvations, but this two seed is the most damnable theory I have ever heard of.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Forest, I think you are taking more medicine than I am. :/

10. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

11. Forest

Forest New Member

There are some in this forum who are depending upon their own righteousness for eternal salvation instead of submitting themselves unto the righteousness of Christ. They are eternally saved, but they believe that they had something to do with it, instead of being saved by God's grace alone.

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If they are depending upon self, then they aren't the elect.

13. Forest

Forest New Member

One of those cases where I have said, If you do not understand man's depravity you will never understand God's grace. If you are looking at God's elect as walking in the Spirit all of the time, you are mistaken. Before we are born again we are but natural beings of the flesh, but after we are born of the Spirit we then take on two natures, the nature of the flesh and the nature of the Spirit. Thats why Paul explains the warfare going on inside of us. God's elect do some terriable things, but they are still God's elect and have a home in heaven, Look at David,(a man after God's own heart), that comitted adultry and then killed her husband to cover up his sin.

14. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Are you saying that you view placing faith in jesus is a "work?"

That God saves His own chosen people regardless of placing faith in jesus or Not?

If true, why even bother to evangelise?

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Look Forest, the elect are clothed with Christ's righteousness after they have been placed in Christ. We have no righteousness of our own(our's is as filthy rags)-even after being saved-but are clothed in righteousness in Him. The elect-after being saved-are never placed on the broad and strait road that leads to destruction, which is something you have been purporting on here. There are no "multiple" salvations, only one. Jesus died once, to fulfill this one time event. He didn't die many times so that we would receive many "timely salvations".

Now, using David is a poor analogy. In the OT, they did not have the permanent indwelling of the Holy Ghost. It moved upon them, and then left. Even King Saul prophesied, so I guess he's saved, too?

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

He's all over the place with his thoughts. Who knows what he really believes. :rolleyes:

17. marke

marke New Member

I don't agree that the few chosen are a special class of Christian while the many called are sub par Christians. Here is what Matt. 22:13-14 says:

"Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For many are called, but few are chosen."

There is no doubt that we see a clear distinction here between the saved and the lost. The same is true in Matt. 7:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat... many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, .... And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER knew you: depart from me... (into outer darkness...weeping...gnashing of teeth...?)" (verses 13-23.)

There are clearly two groups here. If we read the intervening verses, we would also have pointed out that a tree is either good or evil and there is no 'sub-par Christian' in between in any context.

Another point I would like to make for our Calvinist friends in this passage is that Jesus said to "Enter ye in..." the strait gate, as though commanding them to take some sort of action or to make some sort of decision for themselves which He will not be making for them. Just a thought.

18. Forest

Forest New Member

If by "evangelise", you mean to tell people to be saved, then, there is no need to. Christ eternally saved all those that his Father gave him ( those that he choose before the foundation of the world, Eph 1 ) by his work on the cross and he will not lose a one of them but raise them all up at the last day, John 6:37-41. There has not been one soul eternally saved sense Christ's crucifiction. We are instructed to preach the "good news" of the gospel and the good news is that Christ secured God's elect"s eternal salvation on the cross.

19. Forest

Forest New Member

Salvation is a deliverance, and yes Christ died once for our eternal salvation, and he does not have to die again every time God delivers us as we sojourn here in this world. God does deliver (save) us many times here in this world, such as when we repent of a sin that we have done, or from an illness that we have prayed for him to deliver us from, and, yes, even when we ask him to forgive us from depending upon ourselves for our eternal salvation and submitt ourselves unto his righteousness. There is also a deliverance in coming unto a knowledge of the truth, not eternal, but timely.

20. Forest

Forest New Member

Our faith is not the cause of our eternal salvation.