1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured matthew 22 Parable wedding Feast/many called few chosen!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Look, personally, I have not one thing against you. Your doctrine on the other hand, is entirely different.

There's no debate to this debate. There is only one salvation, and not "timely salvations".

You have stated that preaching the gospel was needless. After I read that from you, I really feel for you....:tear:

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Faith is trusting in something you can not see. Faith is something that you can not truly prove to another. I have faith that there is God, because I know Him as my Lord and Saviour. I have experienced the gentleness of His touch, and the firmness of His hand as He is correcting me. I have felt Him lift me up higher than I could ever even dream to go, and I have felt Him when I have been way down in the valley. He is my "Bright Morning Star", my "Rose of Sharon", my "Lily in the Valley", you talk about a beautiful floral arrangement I have in my life!! :thumbs: That being said, I can not truly prove any of this to a lost person. I can tell them about Him, but I can not prove that He exists to an atheist. This is what faith is.

Now, what has Jesus not seen? What has Jesus not known? What does Jesus need to have faith in? Nothing, plain and simple!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I've seen this ridiculous misinterpretation that Jesus has faith. :laugh:

"Faith of Christ" does not mean His faith, it is the term used describing the faith the Church has, that came from Christ as a gift to us.

PB doctine is way off track. Period. It is an errant theology.

All should take a look or do a search about their teachings, those who have left, who show documentable evidence of what goes on. It's sad yet enlightening.

4. preacher4truth

So you mean you sit on your duff of do nothing?

OK.

"And the one also who had received the one talent came up and said, 'Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed. 'And I was afraid, and went away and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what is yours.' "But his master answered and said to him, 'You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed. 'Then you ought to have put my money in the bank, and on my arrival I would have received my money back with interest. 'Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.' "For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matthew 25:24-30.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And furthermore, Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, under the inspiration of the Spirit to "PREACH THE WORD!!!"

6. preacher4truth

Exactly, and this was not solely to the sheep, but to those who oppose themselves as well. Paul also used his example in 2 Timothy 2:8-10.

Nothing other than neo-Gnosticism in that they see themselves as a special enlightened group. Beware.

7. marke

marke New Member

No, I believe that last post was in answer to the idea some hold that those entering the strait gate in Matt. 7 are Calvinists, while those entering the wide gate are the rest of the Christians, with which idea I disagree.

Romans 8:30 is speaking about the elect who are predestinated (verse 29) to be conformed to Christ's image. The verse also refers to the fact that the Christian is justified and glorified by God and not by works, for example.

Verse 29 points to the fact that God predestinated those He foreknew. Some Christians think the word "foreknew" refers to the plan God had in His head as to how He was going to make that individual later in time and program that individual to automatically receive the knowledge of the truth.

I don't agree with that idea for several reasons. First, such a view implies that God cannot know the future unless He makes the future. In other words, the idea suggests that God has no ability to see things happening in the future on their own, so He must plan in advance and then execute that plan governing every aspect of every thought and action of man in order to predict the end. That view seriously limits the power of God and also makes Him the planner and motivator of every wicked thing done as well. Obviously, for me, that idea is out.

God foreknows all men who will ever live and whether they will receive or reject the truth by their own choices. Those who receive the truth are given the power to become the sons of God (John 1:12), and are elect and predestinated to be conformed to Christ's image. Those who choose to reject the truth will be rejected of God.

8. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

There have been many "just us and no one else" groups over the centuries who claim a special relationship with God by divine right; Pharisees, Catholicism, Baptist Briders, hyper-Calvinists, cult churches, etc. The root of them all is arrogance. Those who place themselves apart from other believers as the ONLY little group of TRUE believers should be very careful.

God accepted the various churches in Scripture which were as different as many of the denominations we have today. The primary group in Scripture which claimed exclusive access to God were rejected by Christ. Be very careful.

9. Forest

Forest New Member

It is Christ's faithfulness to carry out his Father's will.

10. Forest

Forest New Member

I think you are missquoting me. I did not say that preaching the gospel is needless. It is the good news that tells you that you don't have to depend upon your good works to have eternal life because Christ has already taken care of your eternal salvation.

11. Forest

Forest New Member

We are created unto good works, to do them, not for our eternal salvation, but because we love and honour God. Most peoples good works are motivated out of fear and condemnation, mine are motivated out of love and appreciation.

12. Forest

Forest New Member

I am not advocating to not preach the word. I am saying that the word does not tell you how to get eternally saved, because Christ has already accomplished that for all that his Fafther gave him on the cross, John 6:37-41.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

But you stated that preaching to the lost was useless.........

14. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

NONE though have that applied except that they place faith in theperson/work of Jesus, Eh?

15. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

WHAT? The Bible does tell use how to be eternally saved? Is that what you are saying or did I misunderstand you?

16. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Remember that Forest equates election same as salvation, so God already saved out His elect group before the foundation of the World!

17. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you approach what Forest has read and trash the stupid modern day method of reading and thoughtfully meditate on the Word of God, as we are command to do, although his words skirt on Five Point Hyper Calvinism, what he has written is straight out of the scripture. Now, how this is applied can go in a lot of directions but what I read in his posts are biblical and neither Calvinist nor Armenian, just biblical.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Umm - they are so far from Biblical. I'm sorry but they are not.

19. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, you´re saying you call, so, go go ahead and put up.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter