1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthew 25:14-30

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DeclareHim, Mar 2, 2006.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Me4Him,

You say of Luke 19:13-27:

You have to understand, Christ of this passage is a parable. This is not literal, but He gives us the example of illustration for to apply us as servant. Notice verse 14 says, "But HIS citizens hated HIM, and sent a message after HIM, saying, 'We will not have THIS MAN to reign over us.' " Obivous, at the first place, master's servants are belong to his'. They hate their master, and they send message to their master, that they do NOT want him to be authorize or rule over them.

This is the picture that anyone as servant, who don't want Christ to working in servant's life, a servant rathers want to doing self or own way, not allow Christ to be servant's master or King. Today, too many servants do not want Jesus to be their lordship, and to control them. The fact is, they rather want to enjoy their own life, than obey their boss(Jesus).

Also, Christ tells us, we CANNOT serve two masters same time- Christ & mammon(world/Satan). We must choose one master at a time. Today, too many servants are compromising serving both Christ & world same time. The Lord cannot use them, unless, they must yield up their life and to FOLLOW Christ!

Christ saying, a master shall saying to soldier, to kill thme(lazy servant), because they do not obey him.

Obivous, this is conditional with warning, this passage is not the proof of unconditional security salvation.

I better go to sleep now, because I have to get ready for 3rd shift work tonight. [​IMG]

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!