1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Max Lucado and President Bush meet...

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 24, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Although I am not sure when this meeting took place; I checked this out at truthorfiction.com and it is true

Max Lucado is a Christian author who is very popular for his many wonderful books about the Lord. This week, Max was invited (along with several other famous preachers) to have lunch at the White House with President Bush. Their meeting took place on Thursday and Max shared with us this morning how it had gone.
    ****************************************************** As the ministers sat down to lunch and waited for President Bush to appear, Max said that he was expecting G.W. to walk in the room looking tired, serious, and depressed. When the President came in, Max said he looked totally the opposite of tired: he was energetic, joyful, and very focused on his talk with the ministers.

Max asked President Bush how he could seem so calm and peaceful in the midst of all the tragedy. The president's reply was, "I'm feeling stronger now than I've ever been in my life. And the reason is because every person in America is praying for me. "When I stay on my knees, that's when I have power."

The ministers then asked the President how he would like them to pray for him, and how their congregations back home should be praying. Mr. Bush asked, first, for clarity of mind so that he could make wise decisions, and then he asked that we pray specifically for his wife and two daughters, as he is very concerned about their safety.

I knew that you would be as encouraged as I was to hear about this meeting. We must thank God that we have a President who loves and fears the Lord. No human leader is perfect, but God is perfect, so let's keep President Bush lifted up in prayer before the Father.

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD AND REIGNS OVER HEAVEN AND EARTH. "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

2. Graceforever

Graceforever New Member

Thanks for sharing that with us... May God give our President clarity of mind and protect him and his family as they strive to lead this Country during this time of trouble and domestic insecurities.... In the Name of Jesus I pray, Amen....

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

And I second your Amen! [​IMG]

Sue