1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Maybe I shouldn't post this...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Born_in_Crewe, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

There were many stories of risen god-men that predate Jesus.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Care to name a couple that were Hebrew and claim to be "suffering" messiahs?

Leaving out this one, of course.

4. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I'll be honest, I went a bit cold when I saw it and the replies haven't really reassured me, so I'm bumping this up. I know it doesn't mean that Jesus didn't exist, or that he wasn't crucified and resurrected, but it has put a seed of doubt in my mind.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. Your sure who and what Jesus is, nothing else matters, don't let men cause you doubt.

6. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Concur!

Besides - take the full "constellation" of attributes of Jesus and you'll find Him unmatched. Don't let evidentialism, particularly this type of weak evidentialism, weaken your faith. There were many so-called Messiahs, too.

Remember, it is the weakness of the vessel, not the weakness of the truth that we must guard against. The enemy will do anything to steal God's glory, even take something with a grain of truth and distort it by using the scholar's presuppositions.

Don't fall into the same trap.

7. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Youre' still here I see.

These scholars "so called" will jump on one piece of evidence that they think will cast doubt on the gospel of Christ but will spend their whole lives trying to disprove the reams of evidence that already exists proving the gospel accounts. I woulndt let the devil his cohorts on this board have their way with you. It is their job to shake your faith and they are very good at it. They are unbelievers and they dont want you to believe.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." II Cor 11:44

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
    Matt 7:22-23

8. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

It is the work of the devil to counterfeit what is of high value. Would it be any surprise that he would counterfeit something like this?

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Satan will do whatever he can to cause doubts among believers, and that includes false claims of other "messiahs". Jesus said in Matt. 24:5 that "Many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive many." I KNOW Who my Saviour is, and I will know His voice when I hear it. "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 11:27

10. sag38

sag38 Active Member

My liberal college histor professor stated that the Israelites of the Old Testament copied the pagans around them in establishing the Temple and even their style of worship and sacrafice.

Personally, I would suggest that it was the other way around even if some of the pagan practices pre-dated the practices of the Israelites. Satan is a great copy cat.

11. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

I'd also study the OT emphasis on the third day and three days before I would buy into any hostile rationale.