1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayor Nagin accepts no blame

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Bunyon, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

NO mayor Nagin refused today to apologize for anything. He said to "anyone who wants to shift blame -where the hell were you? I was here!"

Isn't this the guy who was responsible for the evacuation? Isn't one of the biggest problems that the poor inner city folks did not have means to tavel out of the city? Who but the mayor would be responsible for that? He should have known his city well enough that if he gave an order to evacuate there would be those who would need assistance, but there wasn't any provided. He does not mind criticizing the Fed. Gov., but he won't except any for himself. That is why he insist on making it racial, so that he can shield himself from blame. Well he started the blame game, now he needs to except his portion!

typo edited in title

[ September 07, 2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Maybe he doesn't except any blame, but does he ACCEPT it? [​IMG]

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

You got me! But it wont let me edit. Do you think he will? Not in a million years.

4. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Thank you, C4K!

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Unfortunately, many questions directed at the mayor immediately put him on the defensive. While I agree there are numerous things that should have been done differently, you can't change the past. It's always easier to point the finger at someone else. Isn't it Germany and the liberals blaming the Bush administration for the hurricane?

I'm certain the voters will make their opinion known in the next election.

Probably the same for the governor as well.

6. Brother Ian

I just heard that the Mayor is sending some of his policeman on an all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas.

It gets more unbelieveable every day.

7. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

He is also ordering a mandatory evacuation. And this time he MEANS it. :D

8. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

LG, but will he provide a means of travel to Los Vegas, or is it every man for himself? Yea! Liquer, women and gambeling. That is the way to recover from a tramatic experience. Go figure! :rolleyes:

9. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

he will probably refurbish the school buses that
    he allowed to be destroyed by hurricane katrina
    instead of sending them to the dome for his constituents I could not believe he did not get the school buses to help evacuate people why wasn't he pressed about his efforts the media let him slide he is a fake if you ask me I may be a little harsh but he and his staff failed
    I hope he is not rewarded with another term just
    because he is a minority

10. here now

here now Member

The truth will come out. And those who really care about who is to blame will accept it and those who don't care to know the truth will continue to place blame on the man that they do not like.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

There is plenty of blame to share. At least President Bush is man enough to admit Washington had not done enough.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Who would've driven the buses? Police officers? Where would they have driven to?

I suppose these are things that should've been determined by the Emergency Planning Board, if they have such a thing.

13. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

"I could not believe he did not get the school buses to help evacuate people"

A big mistake by the Mayor, yet most of the citizens would not of boarded the buses.

"Who would've driven the buses?"

Anybody, there was a teenager who pirated a bus a save those that went with him.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes there is, but so far, most of the blame has been done for things that are not "blameable". Yes, things could have been done differently, better, etc, but to say that the whole thing was bad from teh getgo is ridiculous. It was a natural disaster. It left 80% of the coty underwater. Folks did the best they could under the circumstnaces. And, btw, New Orleans is not the only place that needed assistance. They're simply the place that suffered the most obvious damage and the biggest obstacles.

15. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Yes there is, but so far, most of the blame has been done for things that are not "blameable". Yes, things could have been done differently, better, etc, but to say that the whole thing was bad from teh getgo is ridiculous. It was a natural disaster. It left 80% of the coty underwater. Folks did the best they could under the circumstnaces. And, btw, New Orleans is not the only place that needed assistance. They're simply the place that suffered the most obvious damage and the biggest obstacles. </font>[/QUOTE]It did my heart good to read this! [​IMG]

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nagin is the worst "pass the buck" guy I've seen since I don't know when.

17. Brother Ian

In fact that teenager saved a bunch of people and the bus was returned. He acted in a very responsible manner. I wonder why the grown ups didn't think of that?