1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain Campaign Still Active Across The Country

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 25, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that John McCain had suspended his campaign.

September 25, 2008 03:55 PM

John McCain declared on Wednesday that he would suspend his run for the White House and return to Washington to help resolve the country's economic crisis. But while the candidate himself left the trail, the campaign itself is decidedly still open for business.

Across the country, McCain campaign offices are up and running, accepting volunteers, conducting phone banking, literature dropping and other GOTV activities. This held true on a local, state, and even regional level. The Huffington Post called up 15 McCain-Palin and McCain Victory Committee headquarters in various battleground states. Not one said that it was temporarily halting operations because of the supposed "suspension" in the campaign. Several, in fact, enthusiastically declared the continuation of their work. Others hadn't even heard that the candidate for whom they were devoting their time had officially stopped campaigning.

<LINK with profanity deleted - folks, please check these links before you post them - LE>

#1 KenH, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  2. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Three Main Candidates one is a stalking horse

QUOTE KenH I thought that John McCain had suspended his campaign.

September 25, 2008 03:55 PM

John McCain declared on Wednesday that he would suspend his run for the White House and return to Washington to help resolve the country's economic crisis. But while the candidate himself left the trail, the campaign itself is decidedly still open for business.

Across the country, McCain campaign offices are up and running, accepting volunteers, conducting phone banking, literature dropping and other GOTV activities. This held true on a local, state, and even regional level. The Huffington Post called up 15 McCain-Palin and McCain Victory Committee headquarters in various battleground states. Not one said that it was temporarily halting operations because of the supposed "suspension" in the campaign. Several, in fact, enthusiastically declared the continuation of their work. Others hadn't even heard that the candidate for whom they were devoting their time had officially stopped campaigning.

John Mccain is not going to get away with this stunt he pulled.
    The Obama campaign just sent this memo out:

John McCain sought to change the subject from his out-of-touch response to the economic crisis with a big announcement that he was "suspending" his campaign. But the only thing McCain really wants suspended is the American people's disbelief. In fact, he's been in full campaign mode the entire time.

Instead of heading to Washington right away, Senator McCain stuck around in New York to do TV interviews, spend the night, and give a scheduled speech. Though the McCain campaign announced yesterday that they were also "suspending" their attack ads, they continued to run Thursday.

When McCain finally arrived in Washington, almost twenty-four hours after his announcement – and after Congressional leadership announced a deal in principle – he huddled with his lobbyist campaign advisors while his running mate held a political rally and his political spokesmen and surrogates were out in full force, continuing to attack Barack Obama.

So make no mistake:

John McCain did not "suspend" his campaign. He just turned a national crisis into an occasion to promote his campaign.

It's become just another political stunt, aimed more at shoring up the Senator's aimed more at shoring up the Senator's political fortunes than the nation's economy. And it does nothing to help advance this critical legislation to protect the American people during this time of economic crisis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snRt2MGOF1o

McCain is being found out with the new media in quick response, perhaps he would have gotten away with this 4 years ago, but the new media will discover lies in a nano-second.

I am noticing one thing a trend on this board, their are actually three main candidates now

Barack Obama
    John McCain
    Sarah Palin

People on this board really want Sarah over John which tells me of a house divided and if they do win a seething paranoia between President and Vice President would happen, it would be the maverick redux vs the Theo-con.

Rumors are rampant about a McCain minor stroke or his skin cancer is worse than admitted, So is Sarah a stalking horse?

I think Sarah's 15 minutes are up the only reason people are supporting her now is because they perceive she is being picked on, her poll numbers are actually dragging McCain down now. To vote for someon because you feel sorry for them is no reason.

but it really all goes back to McCain and his judgments, and the focus should be on McCain now.

Sarah is even losing support among Christians, GodTube rarely mentions her and that is because of her strange Pentecostal ways and Pastor Muthee advocating violence.

The FFF board rarely mentions her anymore but that place is like a rouge planet in a Star Wars Trilogy.

other boards are starting to see her wacky Pentecostal upbringing as a slap in their traditional Christian upbringing, People are not ready for tongues, demon possession, End Tims fear mongering, audible words from God, and Holy Laughter.

Along with Prosperity Gospel of say it and claim it weirdness.

So that is why naturally her 15 minutes is up and now the focus should be totally on McCain and his judgment.

People on this board really want Sarah and they are doing all they can to promote her over McCain, again a house divided will fall.

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsnrIVj9IbM

My Opinion on this Political Board

#2 YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Sarah Palin bubble has burst. More people think she is not qualified compared to those who think she is qualified. If she was a stock it would be time sell it short.

4. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Your angle is correct also Ken

I hear you , that she is not ready or qualified, from the viral YouTube video of "What does a Vice President do anyway" to recently Katie Courics interview "I will have to get back to you on that Katie"

My angle has been her Pentecostal danger and what it holds for this nation and how a Pentecostal agenda will ignore most of mainstream Christianity and just go for it! with dangerous results.

So let the two be presented , I think either one is enough to sink her , but you will have those who will feel sorry for her and vote for her, again that is not a reason to vote for someone.

My opinion on this Political Board

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree with you guys, it seems there are more people voting against Obama than for McCain/Palin.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

That happens. Some are voting against McCain.

Come on, Ken. You're smarter than this. Even when Hillary suspended her campaign (really suspended) she had full staffs at work.

Maybe you should cut the Kool Aid in half :laugh:

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist