1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain on The View

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Sep 13, 2008.

1. targus

targus New Member

In another thread entitled: Obama-McCain Town Hall Debates?
    ( I suggest that you first read the actual post there to get the context here)

And this

What was actually said on the TV show in question...

In the harshest moments of the show, co-host Joy Behar grilled McCain about two campaign ads released this week that imply Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama was insulting GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin when he used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" during a stump speech and another ad that suggested Obama wanted to teach sex education to kindergartners.

"We know these ads are lies," said Behar. "But you say 'I approve these messages.' Do you really approve them?"

"Actually, they are not lies," answered McCain before being interrupted by Barbara Walters

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=5789451&page=1

I leave it to you to draw your own conclusions.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So if you are Republican the statement was sexist so the ad is true.

If you are Liberal the comment was about McCain so the ad is false.

Is this thread simply for everyone to say which side of the fence they're on?

3. targus

targus New Member

No this thread was my attempt to keep Crabtownboy from changing the topic on another thread.

And it was also to look at whether Crabtownboy's statements concerning this segment of The View were accurate. They were not.

McCain said "they are not lies" not "I'm telling lies about Obama because he won't debate me".