1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain Zings Romney at Debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Jan 6, 2008.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

During last night's debate, Romney was talking about he being the real candidate of change. McCain broke in and said, "Thats for sure, you are the candidate of change" referring to Romney's switch on abortion, gay rights, and gun control.

With it being obvious that Paul and Hunter are not going to win, and the hope and likelihood that Romney and Giuliani will lose, Huckabee and Thompson are left.

Maybe McCain is worth a second look. I do not agree with everything he has done, but, is there a candidate we agree with all the time?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/WireStory?id=4092133&page=2

#1 saturneptune, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I agree Saturn. I have been leaning toward McCain for about a month now. Sure, he made a few mistakes in my book but no candidate is perfect. He has been consistently pro-life and has the strongest pro-life stand in the senate. He will brook no nonsense from the likes of the leader in Iran and North Korea, and is the most experienced when it comes to foreign policy. I still look at the radical Islamic threat as the most important issue and McCain is the right man for the hour. For someone to write off McCain just for campign finance reform is silly. If that is all one can find wrong with him than he is almost perfect. He is fiscal policies are sound as he is against taxes and pork barrell spending and will continue to keep health care private. He just doesnt seem phony like the rest of the bunch. Yeah, lets go with McCain. Whadda ya say.

#2 Ps104_33, Jan 6, 2008
  3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think a McCain-Huckabee ticket would be particularly strong. If McCain is elected, he'd probably not run for a second term, leaving the opportunity for a more experienced Huckabee to be elected.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Why do you say that? Are you referring to his age? He is only 72 and he looks and feels like 50. I dont see that as a problem.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Romney was hammered last night IMO.

I thought Huckabee, Thompson and McCain all had strong showings.

I agree with Stefan and think a possible McCain/Huckabee or a McCain/Thompson ticket would be strong.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The continuance of the warfare/welfare state and selling out the country to globalists intent on a North American Union is looking better to you guys and gals all the time in other words. Right? God help us.

#6 poncho, Jan 6, 2008