1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain's Biggest Problem -- G. Bush

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    McCain's biggest problem is being linked to G. Bush. Can he overcome this liability? Can he distance himself from Bush in the public eye? Time will tell.

Later in the same blog:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2008/08/25/BL2008082501007.html

#1 Crabtownboy, Aug 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  2. targus

targus New Member

So far it hasn't been a big enough problem to keep him from running even with Obama.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The bigger problem will be Obama's choice of Biden, who just ONE YEAR AGO stated Obama didn't have what it takes to be POTUS right now. McCain will jump all over that, as he should! If his VP candidate doesn't think he can win, why should America?

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe G. Bush will insure Obama's win.:laugh:

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People that have been paying attention know that McCain doesn't care for Bush and has undermined many of Bush's legislative priorities.

Those that are in the know also realize Bush is not running for president.

This sounds more like wishful thinking from an Obama supporter wondering why his candidate can't pull ahead when he should be trouncing any republican, not just McCain.

Time has already told.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't read the article and see how often McCain has said he will follow Bush's lead.

Thank goodness. We may survive Bush, but you and I will not live long enough to see the messes he is leaving behind cleaned up.

I haven't decided who I will vote for yet. Still need to do more research and rational thinking.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If Obama is elected, you won't have to worry about living longer, period. Once Obama withdraws the troops and Iran takes over and starts a nuclear war against Israel and the USA, nobody will.

8. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Ummm...you can't be serious. (If so, you've obviously been drinking the Neocon Kool-aid)

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm glad you are so trusting of Iran. Be sure to give "Ahm-a-nut-job" my regards.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, puhleeze.............

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone has a one track mind. Some of us look at both sides and decide.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Some of us" like to pretend to be "undecided" as well.;)

Your past posts tell the tale.

Fool yourself if you wish. You're not fooling anyone here.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I really have not decided. I do not like G. Bush at all. He is the worst president in our history. If McCain states positions that will continue Bush's policies then I will have little choice. There are some things I like about McCain. There are some things I do not like about Obama. At the moment it is still up in the air. I believe I will make a matrix and note positions taken by both candidates and then review them and see where that leaves me.

Why don't you set aside you illogical hatreds and try being rational. This election, as are all presidential elections, is important.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Besides opinion, what facts do you bring to the table that support this statement?

#14 webdog, Aug 26, 2008
  15. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

MSNBC says so...maybe he watches.

AJ

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh huh.

Sure.

17. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

It's a common tactic of the War Party and the neo-con influenced media to take "nut jobs", like Saddam and Ahmendenijad (and I won't disagree that they were/are bad people), and try to turn them into much scarier and bigger threats to the US than they really are. That way the masses will more eagerly follow them into their next aggressive preemptive "war on terror" and support the continued expansion of our Military Industrial Complex around the globe. First, it was Saddam Hussein who was declared the "next Hitler"--and therefore one whom we "shouldn't appease"--and who had "WMDs" that could (somehow) threaten our nation's very existence. More recently it's Ahmendenijad who might one day get nukes...although with recent events the Caucasus, we may have to sit tight and see if Putin will be given that "new Hitler" designation instead (you know, since it's the 21st century and nations just don't invade other nations...at least that's what The Decider's would-be successor, John McBombiran McCain, ironically opines).

Speaking of ironic, it is interesting that in invading Iraq (under false pretenses), smashing the first "next Hitler" (Saddam--whom the US previously had armed for years against the Iranians), and destablizing that nation, the US has created a power vaccuum in which the second (Ahmendenijad) has become the new bogeyman, "justifying" the "need" to "stay the course" and "keep our troops on the ground" (despite the fact Iraq doesn't want us there anymore)--and even preemptively "bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran"!--lest the new "next Hitler" swoop in and establish the "new Caliphate". Meanwhile Osama Bin Ladin is laughing at us all in some cave somewhere, exulting in the next generation of American-hating terrorists who are potentially being created in response to our insane foreign policy and military misadventures.

At any rate, I guess I'll see you at the next Two Minute Hate. Maybe we'll find out the that the eternal enemy is not Iran afterall (or was it Iraq or Al-Queda?), but is rather Russia (Eurasia) or China (Eastasia).

WAR IS PEACE

#17 Doubting Thomas, Aug 26, 2008
  18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How long a list do you want?

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Sounds like a poncho post to me...