1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McDonald's Homosexual Agenda

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Jun 5, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In-N-Out, Is Christian Owned and Operated

My family, especially my brother, grew up and went to school with the Snyder's youngest (of two) son, Richie. They were a very special family, and they loved the Lord. And you couldn't have met more respectful boys than the Snyder's. Richie was at our house many times, and my brother was at their home just as often.

The father was always giving my father free In-N-Out burger coins. Those coins were used to purchase a burger, fries and drink, and Harry Snyder always made sure my dad had a pocketful of those valuable coins.

Later in life, as a pastor of a church that did a lot to feed the homeless, I was able to simply call Mrs. Snyder, and get a donation of ham's, turkey's, and other food items to hand out at Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and other holidays. They were a generous family.

I even worked on a grant that provided counseling and crisis services to abusive parents. The local San Bernardino and Riverside county chapters of Parents Anonymous were generously supported by In-N-Out for five years.

This is something that this company does yearly. They give tons of money to abused children and teens programs throughout the SoCal area.

Ever since I can remember, and still today, you can flip your soft drink/shake cup over, and find a verse from the Bible printed on the inside lip of the bottom portion of the cup.

The family, as you may, or may not know, went through some tremendous personal tragedy when Richie, who became the CEO after his dad passed on, died in an airplane crash just miles from John Wayne Airport in Orange County, CA

The older brother, Guy, was left to take over day-to-day operations after Richie's death, and it was but a few years later that Guy passed away,

Both boys were young when they met their Savior. And the operation of the company was passed on to Mrs. Snyder, and she ran it until her death a few years ago.

With all that said, the company continues to be a witness for the Kingdom in their operation of the business, the treatment of their staff, the fact that they treat the customer with complete courtesy.

This company, and Chik-fil-a, are examples in a country that is filled with companies that will do whatever it takes to make a buck, and that is what McDonald's is doing in France. They have been after the homosexual customer's dollar for several years now, and it doesn't surprise me that they would air this disgusting ad.

It is important that Christian identify true born-again believers who operating businesses in and around their community, and the nation, and try to make that their number one choice when it comes to everything from fast-food to department store shopping, to buying cars, to car repairs, to restaurants, to food markets, home repairs (my plummer has a company called: Dove. And all the staff are born-again. I know they will not rip me off, and their service is dependable) etc.

I'd rather drop my dollar at a place where the owner is a born-again believer, than a place of business that is willing to be politically correct at any cost.

Of course, finding born-again believers in business is not always possible, but, when you find a born-again believer doing business, it is like helping your brother and sister to make an honest living in a society of greedy, corrupt capitalists.

My thanks do Dr. Bob for naming this company as one that has "the very best burgers in the world." They built their business around QUALITY, and great and friendly service to their customers, and they are Christian to boot.

If you're in Las Vegas, SoCal, and Arizona, and you smell and than see the In-N-Out Burger sign, stop by and be blessed in the "met my taste and hunger department, as well as knowing they love the Lord."

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

McDonalds is like one of those sins that you feel proud of staying away from, yet it is one that never tempted you. I would not eat at McDonalds because of its terrible food, gay agenda or not.

#43 saturneptune, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
  4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked for evidence in regards to your claim that, "No Society has ever survived that has permitted, promoted or protected the practice of homosexuality." Romans 1 talks about the sinfulness of homosexuality, and other sins, but says nothing about it bringing down socities that have "permitted, promoted or protected" its practice. Nobody here is doubting the sinfulness of homosexuality. It is a sin and those who practice it will not inherit the Kingdom of God, they are not saved (1Cor 6:9-10). The issue here is the historical statement you made.

Back to the issue, and repeating what I have already stated, "According to Scripture, homosexuality was only one of several factors that brought about the ruin of Sodom (Ez. 16:47-50). As for the others, I was not aware that homosexuality alone brought them down. I was under the impression that the reasons for their fall was a bit more complicated. Can you provide evidence to support your claims?"

I must let that question remain open since, to this point, you have not provided any evidence to support your claim that "No Society has ever survived that has permitted, promoted or protected the practice of homosexuality."

According to the context of Romans 1, and Proverbs 1:20-33, to be given up (by God) is to be allowed to sink into deeper sin and depravity. It is the most dangerous form of judgment since God is abandoning the person (or society) to their own sin.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic. All lost people are addicted to sin. That is the "natural" result of being dead in sin. But it has nothing to do with the idea that "No Society has ever survived that has permitted, promoted or protected the practice of homosexuality."

As I pointed out, from Scripture, homosexuality (abomination) was only one reason the cities were destroyed (Ez 16:47-50). Sodom was destroyed as an example of what happens to everyone who rejects the Gospel and lives in sin/immorality (Jude 7).

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Generally? No, because I'm sure many companies (etc) do that kind of thing for business purposes. If we stopped going to every store that gave money to those organizations we would probably have very few places to shop. Also over 80% of McDonalds are privately owned and operated. So one can't be sure that the money from any particular McDonalds is going to such organizations.

Knowing the history of places like Rome and Corinth, I'm certain money from local shops went to all sorts of places. Of course Paul understood that. Living in a fallen world, there almost no way to avoid it.

6. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin, obviously you're intent here is to continue demanding that I provide "evidence" to support my statement that no society has ever survived giving way to homosexuality so I'll throw in the towel. You win! I don't have any first hand evidence! Don't have any evidence at all.

...but then, you provide that homosexuality (abomination) was only ONE reason the cities were destroyed. See Below.

As I pointed out, from Scripture, homosexuality (abomination) was only one reason the cities were destroyed (Ez 16:47-50). Sodom was destroyed as an example of what happens to everyone who rejects the Gospel and lives in sin/immorality (Jude 7).

I agree. Homosexuality was probably only one of the various sins committed. I do find however the Word does not list all their sins, or some of their sins, or a few of their sins but specifically identifies homosexuality. I wonder why? Perhaps homosexuality is the straw that breaks the Camels back.

Accordingly, it would appear to me you provided your own "evidence". Specifically, these cities and nations were destroyed because the Gospel was rejected and the folks chose rather, to live in sin and/or immorality..., homosexual behavior being one of those sins of which, for the most part was of no concern to their respective governments.

So, it would appear to me that should America officially turn a total and complete blind eye to homosexuals allowing the life style to run rampant with no restraints, then do you think the Lord would continue to bless us? Or perhaps, allow us to go the way of so many before us? If this nation endorses said life style don't you believe we, as a nation, would be walking on thin ice?

In conclusion let me reiterate again, I Have No Specific Evidence To Provide You With! I have no second hand Evidence to provide you! I have no Hearsay Evidence to provide you! You Win! I lose.

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not about winning, this is not about demanding, this is about sticking to the facts (Biblical, historical, etc).

My statement is in full agreement with Ez. 16:47-50.

In the case of Sodom it may very well have been the straw that broke the camel's back. There are other sins listed (Ez 16:47-50).

Nobody has said anything about anyone running rampant with no restraints. We have restraints in our society (however temporary they may be). However, as Christians, we must understand that only salvation can free a person from a sinful lifestyle. That should be our first and formost concern.

I believe this nation has already fallen through the ice. As Christians our concern is the salvation of individuals, not fixing a nation. That is why none of the Apostles, or the Lord Jesus Himself, got into political activism. It is not the mission of the church. In fact, it only serves as a distraction.

8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm of the opinion that a few Born Again Christians in government is a fabulous idea! Jesus perhaps never ran for any office but he surely drove those Jewish Leaders nuts with His radical agenda which was contrary to the Party Line of the day.