1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McDonald's Starts 365Black Website

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FR7 Baptist, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then focus on the political correctness, and quit using the filters that cause people to focus on what you've said rather than the topic of illogical diversity.

Whether "hispanic" is a race or not (and you identified yourself as "hispanic," so you're confusing me greatly), we have a "Hispanic Heritage Month," just as there's a "Black History Month," "Asian-Pacific American Heritage" shares its month with "Jewish American Heritage," March is Greek American and Irish American Month, and then there's German, Italian, Polish, and American Indian....

If McDonald's is truly practicing diversity, then we should be seeing sites for each of these. If not, then it's a racial profiling towards one particular race, and all the others--including whites--should sound off.

2. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Hispanic is an ethnicity. I'm just barely Hispanic enough (1/4) to qualify for Hispanic scholarships, but I accept the label. I'm racially white.

I agree.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You %s won't work unless you change hispanics to represent a race that does not exist. They are caucasians.

Paul is right. This website panders to blacks. Period.

That being said, I don't care how McDonalds spends their money. They never have known how to make a hamburger. They've sold a billion Big Macs, but not a single hamburger. IMHO :thumbs:

4. FR7 Baptist

White Hispanics make up the single largest group of Hispanics, but the stereotypical "Hispanic look" is that of someone with mixed American Indian and white heritage.

We've finally found something to agree on. :thumbs:

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "a bunch of low-class customers."

Sorry about your area, in the one I frequent the employees are quite pleasant and accurate for as terribly busy they are. Since I am a low-class customer I might mention the guys that do a Bible study there once a week (actually there are two groups), the business man that does his books there every morning, the painter that meets his workers there and of course myself the slob doing his Bible study.

Maybe you need to move to a higher class area or something :)

OH! About the OP, being American isn't enough any more, commercial enterprises are making us into groups so they can market etc. I get all sorts of surveys online and when I refuse to tell what breed I be I get refused by the survey. When available to put other I put American.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

My guess is that if you were around when Jesus walked on earth you would see Him and His disciples as low class.
    If MCDonalds wants to make a web site for one group of people and that upsets you then just don't eat there, but calling people "low class" is a dangerous thing and more dangerous is having that kind of mind set. You might want to check your faith as you might be in serious danger based on Matt 5:22

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

What if a particular restaurant set up a web site that was entitled "white365?" Talk about the word "racist" being thrown around.

I agree that most McDonalds that I have been in lately were not clean, had rude staff (both black and white workers), and were poorly managed. That's why I very seldom ever go to McDonalds. I used to frequent one in Catersville, GA, out by I75, that was top notch. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the manager was on top of things.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious...could you please describe to me how someone "acts in a ghetto manner"? Maybe provide a link to a YouTube video. Thank you.

Since you can recognize illegals on sight maybe you should get a job with the INS.

9. billwald

billwald New Member

MacDonalds is the "Wal-Mart" of the food industry. What you all expect from a scab shop?

10. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who cares? Again, you've failed to answer the most basic question here.

At what point is this even something that should bother us? I don't care about and, honestly, if this private corporation wants to start a website for polar bears I'm for it. It's part of a free market economy.

How does this impact your freedoms and rights? Absolutely no impact at all.

We live in a diverse, pluralistic society and this kind of thing is a good thing. You're not going to be affected by their decision to pursue this course. So why make all your bothersome accusations?

Wow, that's all I can say here. What a sad indictment on you and your unChristlike way of seeing people. You've really said a lot about who you are in that disgusting paragraph.

11. FR7 Baptist

12. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

You realize that is a satrical sketch from Mad TV which is not representative of an actual establishment right?

13. FR7 Baptist

Of course I know that.

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I remember going to a Hardees in Milbrook, AL about 9:30PM on Sunday night. The service was almost as bad as the parody Paul posted. The girl taking my order acted like she was doing me a favor and inconvenienced. She didn't have to call security though. I turned around and left. Hardees rank #1 in the top ten of fast food chain dumps.

15. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

So how does posting that tripe benefit your case?

Listen, we've all been into establishments where the service is terrible and the employees could care less about the customers coming in. Where I live we have very nice fast food places and terrible ones in the same chain on different ends of the community. But we should never, never indict entire classes or races of people on those observations. In doing we fail the most basic test of the legitimacy of our Christian convictions...love.

16. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Many times in my life I have had to "stoop down" to working at fast food restaraunts, even McDonalds. Once, while a youth pastor and working in a christian school I got a part time job at a McDonalds for extra income. Sure hope someone didn't think me "low-class" just because I worked there. Of course, I was working at an entry level job, so maybe I was lower in the caste system that Paul holds to?

17. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Paul still lives at home and doesn't even support himself. :laugh:

18. FR7 Baptist

I love how you think you know so much about my finances. At the present moment I do reside with my grandparents, but I intend for that to change within the next year. I did resign from my job recently due to their unethical business practices, but what you may not know is since then I have gone to insurance school, which I paid for with my own money, and now have my insurance license in a fairly high-demand field. This means I'm in a perfect position to obtain employment in this field and be self-sufficent. I know you like to spout things off without knowing the whole story, but now you know better.

19. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Wait..so from what you just explained you are living at home and unemployed. So tell me again how what I said was not factual?

You know I love you Paul (in a Christian hetero-man man sort of way)! :love2:

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I would take from this is...how many of those "low-class" "ghetto-like" McDonald's employees are doing the same thing you did? i.e., working until they get something better? I submit that I have no clue, and therefore I don't judge them because I don't know what their home life is like, if they're going to school to better themselves, etc.