1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McLaren to Celebrate Ramadan with Muslims

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Marcia, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

If they are reading this, then I guess they've been told they are worshippin satan. It's good for them to know that. Now they can decide to turn from that and worship the one true God.

What does the name or language have to do with anything? I don't remember commenting on that at all.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Islam is not a form of Judaism or remotely like it - they claim, for example, that Abraham went up to the mountain to sacrifice Ishmael and Ishmael is the one who is blessed, not Issac. the Koran is not like the OT.

Judaism was a religion established by God! It is not a false religion. It's just that those who follow it today do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. That does not make Judaism false and it certainly does not make it like Islam.

Islam was started about 400 yrs. after Christ by a man who got the "revelation" from a demon in a cave. So I will continue to separate Judaism from Islam.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks for the info, Psalm 95. This is interesting to know. :wavey:

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Being kind and nice and friendly with people of other religions is without a doubt a good thing.

But participating in their observances is a different story.

No way I could do what McClaren did.

Unimaginable

It reminds me of that horrible HORRIBLE joint service they had in NYC after the Trade Center bombing. I believe it was a protestant minister, a catholic priest, a muslim cleric, a jewish rabbi and a hindu cleric. (or something like that)

How a born again person could be a part of anything like that is beyond me.

#44 Alive in Christ, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK, you didn't; but most people who single Islam out like that make a big deal of the name used. That's the primary reason they say it's Satan.
    So Muhammad (and the false angel he followed) twisted it into another religion by changing the events. Nobody denies that. But on the same token, nobody is saved by "religion" in the first place, so the Jews have no merit from their "religion" being [originally] established by God. (And they have added a lot of false stuff to it, including harsh condemnations of Jesus. At least Islam respects Him as a prophet and nominally as Messiah. And don't forget Kabballah! I'm not even talking about the secular pop-version publicized by Madonna and others. Even in Orthodox Judaism, they have this paganized mystical system at its core).
    So this hostility towards Islam contrasted with such sympathy towards Judaism is not objective, and is sending a false message as well.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

8. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

No it doesn't.
    What God did in the past, or might do in the future does not sanctify all the stuff added to the religion (in place of Christ) today.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not find that anyone said it did. However, Israel has had and does have a special place in God's plan. No one excuses their errors but Israel is set apart and the Abrahamic covenant was solely based on God and not anything on the part of Israel.

Islam however, is pure evil founded form the pit of hell, it is violent, unforgiving and lacks any peace or grace.

10. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

12. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, that'll teach me to read all the posts. :tonofbricks:

Then let me be the first to say that you are right about it being a great blog entry. :thumbs:

13. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Most people who come out, on a Christian forum like this, and defend Islam are people who believe that Muslims may somehow be saved, even though they don't accept Christ as Savior. You probably wouldn't like it if I lumped you in with those "most people", so don't lump me either.

Islam worships satan, not because of any name or language used. They worship satan because they don't worship the one true God. Worship anything but God and you are worshipping satan.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - That's OK - I'm just joshin'. :tongue3:

I'm going to send the link to my hubby too because of a discussion that's actually about something different but this blog post addresses an issue that's common to both. That makes it a REALLY good post. :D

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

They did a lot more than twist anything or change events! It's an entirely different system and different god than Judaism. Judiasm did have the right God because those who believed in God were saved (see Abraham).

That is not saying much since they think Mohammed is greater than Jesus.

The Kabbalah is not Judaism. It's a gnostic/mystical/occult spinoff. You can find this from every religion.

I don't have hostility; it's an objective assessment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.