1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Media and Clinton

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Jan 30, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The Politics forum here was my main stomping ground years ago. I have nearly ceased from posting here though because of the general mean-spiritedness. I want to give it one shot here though.

Does it appear to anyone else that that the media in general seem to have a subtle bias toward Obama in their choice of photos. It seems like virtually every photo of Sen Clinton is chosen because it makes her look, well, goofy. Here is an example from USA Today.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-01-29-Democrats_N.htm?csp=34

On the other hand the photos chosen of Sen Obama seem to be chosen because they make him look, well, presidential. Even the Irish media, who in the past elevated the Clintons to god-ness seem now to have abandoned them in favour of their new politico-god Obama.

Has anyone else noticed this tendency? I honestly don't know. I do read US news sites most mornings, but I have no "feel" for this thing other than what I see there.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Roger, the media does indeed have their darlings. I noticed on the night of the South Carolina debates, that Fox News ran the full Obama speech, which was just a political grandstand, but when John Edwards came out to speak, the ran about a minute and cut away, dismissing it as "just a standard stump speech". The media view themselves as kingmakers.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It goes on all the time. Has for years.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

[​IMG]Maybe when it comes down to just John McCain and Hillary Clinton we will start seeing more favorable pictures of Hillary.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Roger. I do believe the media is favoring Obama.

This is a shock to the Clintons, who have always been the darlings of the media. I believe that is a major cause of Bill's outburst of rage.

6. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Stick around C4K. Dont be so thin-skinned. Do you think the Apostle Paul walked away from a good debate because the religio-political leaders of his day were a little "mean-spirited"?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Would that be the same Paul who wrote 2 Timothy 2v16?

8. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree and I think there is a readership/viewership reason for this. People love to cheer for the underdog and Obama vs Clinton presents an excellent David vs Goliath type story that resonates well with the "average" reader/viewer.

9. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Yes thats him. The same one that wrote verse three of the same chapter.:thumbs:

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Got plenty of that on this field without being involved in political discussions :).

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Maybe the lower levels of the media favor Obama but Rupert Murdoch (NewsCorp, Fox News) has been courting Hillary Clinton unashamedly for awhile now. I figure the folks at the very top of the consolidated media don't really care who poses as potus so long as they tow the internationalist line and are willing to keep imposing their global corporate policies on we the people.

#11 poncho, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008
  12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

C4K, I share your frustration. I go through spells of posting and not posting here for a couple of reasons. One, as you pointed out, the tenor and tone can be anything but Christlike at times. It's not about the thickness of the recipient's skin, but the depth of the sender's character. Second, the biases, untruths, and vendettas just seem to take a back seat to logic, truth, and meaningful dialogue. There are some around here that always stay above the fray. May their tribe increase.

I love politics too much to give up completely, but the rancor has not been too far from making me write this forum off completely.

What amazes me is I frequent other Christian forums. Not one I see has the problems this Board has across the...well, board, in this way. People can discuss politics, theology, etc., without the tripe that goes on here.