1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Medical Leave

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Palatka51, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Jest wanted ta' say I wuz thinkin' on you today. How's it going? You look better than ever...

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Thank you Rubato,

Barbara and I went for a walk again yesterday we did better than a mile in about 40min. A faster pace than the last two walks. My soreness was very rough last night and this morning. I have been avoiding the pain meds until today. It looks like I will be out of work through May. Unless God has other plans. Still covet those prayers.

Blessings to all,

Melvin

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Hike

Went on a 8 mile walk yesterday! It was the stupidest thing I have done sense I turned 50 in '06. Yea turning 50 was not the smartest thing to do either. Oh well, no choice in that chore. However the hike was a choice.

Hey, I never said that I was the sharpest tool in the shed.

I had to do this to see how my feet would be able to take the abuse. I put on my work boots and started out of the house and walked 4 miles to the Florida Trail and hiked along 4 miles of it. I was a mess last night.:laugh: More like a wreck. My wife could not stop laughing at me.:laugh: So I laughed at her laughing at me.

Today it is my right hip that is stoved up. If things are good this evening I will go for a stroll with Barbara. The feet are feeling good but they sure gave me a fit last night.

I still covet those prayers. Structurally the feet are sound but the screws in them are hard to get used to, when on them for a good length of time.

God's blessings to all of you;

Mel