1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Members Book in Top Ten for Third Year this April

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by righteousdude2, Mar 5, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wanted to let those of you, who are new to the Board, know that my book [Thorn Daze] has been listed in the Top Ten on buy.com for 35 consecutive months now.

I want to thank the folks who have supported me by reading the book. It is my personal view of why I believe that the "name-it-claim-it-teaching" is not Biblical. I have had numerous chronic diseases, and through prayer, I've discovered that there are times that God wants the "thorn" to remain in our flesh as a reminder of just how great a God we have.

Over the years, in my life, and through my ministry, I once questioned God as to why He didn't honor our prayers for healing in people I was privileged to minister to. Than one day, God revealed to me the story of Paul's battle with a "thorn" and how he came to accept it. That helped me to accept my limitations and suffering, and continue to minister in His name.

Even though I had preached on Paul's "thorn" many times, over the years, it was like a light bulb had finally turned on, and could not turn down the leading of the Holy ghost when it came to writing this book.

I know there are a lot of people, in the church, who question God for the same reasons I did. And, many have fallen away from their walk because of unanswered prayers. This book will reach those folks, and draw them back into the fellowship.

I have heard from folks who have been blessed with the subject matter of Thorn Daze, and it is a blessing to see that on at least one cyber-book store site, the book has remained in the Top Ten for over 35 months.

If you have any questions about the book, or, the subject, please feel free to contact me on the Board's web message site, or, at [email protected]

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

#1 righteousdude2, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010