1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Membership Cards

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jan 5, 2009.

?
  1. Our church currently issues membership cards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It is an excellent ideal

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Might have some possibility

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. doubt we would ever do it

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Its a bad ideal

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  6. Salty, what kind of drug are you on

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  7. other

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Membership cards could be useful...
    • You could offer a "10% off your next tithe" special.
    • You could offer "preferred seating" to card-carrying members: the front row is all yours!
    • Card-carrying members get one free "conviction write-off" every six months. For each six months of regular attendance, you can opt out of one sermon in which the pastor is hammering a particular sin you don't wanna hear about.
    • Platinum card-carrying members get to opt out of nursery duty entirely! Gold card-carrying members get to opt out of poopy-diaper duty in the nursery!
    • Silver card members are allowed one complimentary complaint per business meeting! Gold members get a complaint that is actually recorded in the minutes! Platinum members get the complaint, the record in the minutes, plus a unanimous approval! (Some restrictions apply. Not valid toward Sunday hymn selection).
    • Coming soon--the all-new Uranium membership card! Benefits will include total access to the climate-controls in the Sanctuary!!!
    DISCLAIMER: See Deacon Chairman for details. Offer not valid for any member connected with youth ministry. For further rules and restrictions, see Bylaws--Section 3, Page 6, Paragraph 2, Line 11, Word 8, Letter 2, Apostrophe 1. Not valid with any other offer. Void where prohibited. Any re-broadcast without the expressed written permission of the Senior Adult Ladies' Sunday School class is prohibited.

Sounds pretty good, eh?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot that important section - I put it in in red above! :smilewinkgrin:

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alright... you owe me a new screen after I spewed my ice tea all over it! :laugh:

4. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

RBell strikes gold! Errrr, I mean Platinum!

I have now registered my vote as "It's an excellent idea."

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I see a problem coming...we'll eventually split over this. You'll be a KJVMCO (King James Version Membership Card Only); I'll be a "freedom-carder." Folks who fall in the middle of our two positions will be called "folks in the middle of our positions," or "pinheads."

And we'll end up trading insults on the BB, and getting threads closed by mods each day. In fact, it will get so bad, there will be a new forum created: "Membership Card Versions"--just to try and keep our arguments centralized in one location.

Yes, I think I know where this is going. :D

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you, or is it pre-destined? (look to see if that block is checked on the back of your membership card

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

This is where we get into "Limited Card-ship."

Did Jesus die for everyone? Or just those with Gold member cards?

:D :D :D

P.S.: I thought that block on the back of the card was for organ donor. I left it blank, since our church already has a really nice organ.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If your church has an organ, you can only be an associatie member. A true Baptist church only uses a piano. Show me in the Bible where you are supposed to use an organ

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude - You are really on a roll!:laugh::thumbsup:

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or did you mean the BACK row is all yours?:smilewinkgrin:

And by the way - who added that second-to-last option to the poll.:tonofbricks:

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mrs Salty made me bump this one....:flower:

12. govteach51

govteach51 New Member

I like the idea of the card for the back row...I having to get to church earlier and earlier to claim my seat. :laugh::smilewinkgrin:

13. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Ouch! Just had an awful thought.

With all the disclaimers and such printed on the card, would it also have a 666 somewhere?

Must show the "card" to enter the church doors.

Think I'll go back and vote Bad Idea, as that day is probably coming far too soon for some.

:eek:

14. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Flesh or Spirit?

Yes! Get a membership card and every certificate that you can lay your hands on.

Your membership card will open Gods eyes that you ________ are a member of the Body of Christ.

Then, when you stand before the Almighy who knows all hearts, you can present to Him your baptismal certificate. This will prove to the Father that you accepted His Son on such and such a day, and that you are saved according to________church.

Then do not forget to present your marrige license, so you can tell God that He joined you and your spouse on such and such a day, lest the Lord forget what He did.

If you have divorce papers, please include a detailed explanation of why man separated what He joined.

Please include any and all college degrees, layman teaching certificates, VBS certificates, and church attendance records so you can show the Savior that bought you with His blood, that you know Him.

Arrange to have all these letters of commendation in your casket and please include your death certificate so God is assured that you are in fact dead.