1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Memorial Day

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, May 23, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Most years we take time to recognize those in our congregation who have served in the military over the years.

Usually we have a special time of prayer and remembrance of all those in uniform who've made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

Being a military retiree, I appreciate those who gave their lives for our freedoms.....not the least of which is that of being able to post here on BB.

We can (and often do) disagree with each other over a lot of issues on various subjects. Were it not for those brave men and women who served and sacrificed so much, we would not have that freedom to do so.

I thank God for those who gave their lives so that we may be free. May He bless their families and loved ones who also shared in their sacrifices.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know that we have any service people in our small church campus this year but I don't know about a few of the new people so we will still show a short video tribute and then ask the current and former service people to stand and we will applause as a thank you and then we will pray. That's how we did it last year.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

It seems everything centers around food -- gobs of it -- and mostly all of it is bad for you. And people freak out if you don't gorge yourself. So yes, they will be bringing food for the evening service. :laugh: