1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mennonite Christology-orthodox?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Matt Black, May 19, 2004.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is really a question for those of you who are Mennonites, Hutterites or similar Anabaptist persuasion: given that Menno Simons basically adopted Melchior Hoffman's Christology, can it be said that Mennonites are really Trinitarian in belief?

Yours in Christ

Matt

2. GODzThunder

GODzThunder New Member

I don't have an answer to that but boy oh boy do they have great strawberries and friend chicken mmmm mmmm good!!!!!!

though considering that they claim heavily to phil 2:5-6 as a basis for the argument that Jesus is God I would pretty much say that the mennonites around here at least are trinitarian in belief and practice. And since they claim to be direct decendants of the early dutch ana-baptizers who carried the same belief I would say that they are such. Though I leave their belief of the heavenly flesh (that is where they believe that Jesus was both fully God and fully fleshly man BUT that humanity did not come from Mary) open for discussion and study. Menno did have one or two very awkward beliefs trying to psychologize Jesus Christ.

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks. I don't remember exactly what Hoffmann taught but wasn't it a form of Apollinarianism (similar to some branches of the Exclusive Brethren)?Where's Taufgesinnter hen you need him?

Yours in Christ

Matt

4. Mercury

Mercury New Member