men's forum

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by MrCorey, Jul 21, 2007.

1. MrCorey

MrCorey
    Expand Collapse

How do I gain access to the men's forum? Am I eligable or am I not or what?

2. StefanM

StefanM
    Expand Collapse

3. MrCorey

MrCorey
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I know this is going to sound stupid, but where do I find my profile?

4. MrCorey

MrCorey
    Expand Collapse

Never mind, I figured it out.

5. Ulsterman

Ulsterman
    Expand Collapse

I appied 11 days ago, and haven't heard a thing. How long does it take to be given access? I sent an email off a long, long time ago to the previous administrator/moderator and got nothing back. Is it like the Masons? Do I need to know the secret? ;) Only joking!

6. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

Ulsterman! This cracked me up!

(It can't be very encouraging for MrCorey either since he has nowhere near your post numbers!)

7. TaterTot

TaterTot
    Expand Collapse

MRCorey, go play some games in the Games Forum lol. That will boost up yer posts in no time! ;)

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Have you tried getting in lately? If it's like the Women's Forum, there is no password, the moderator just enables you after you have 50 posts and answer 3 or 4 questions. :)

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I applied over a month ago and still no access. I figured they were sick of me in the open forums and wanted the mens forum as a refuge :) I hadn't considered that it might be a handshake or secret code thing.

10. Ulsterman

Ulsterman
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I've tried, but all I get is, "Ulsterman, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

In the mean time I am reading, "Cracking the Freemason's Code: The Truth About Solomon's Key and the Brotherhood," to figure out how to get in.:smilewinkgrin:

11. Ulsterman

Ulsterman
    Expand Collapse

Glad you enjoyed the funny, McD, now all i have to do is follow the code ....

12. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

Oh my goodness! There can't be many men posting in there with that as an entrance requirement!

13. ccrobinson

ccrobinson
    Expand Collapse

The 1st rule of the private men's forum is that you don't talk about the private men's forum. This is very similar to, but different from, the 2nd rule, which is you don't talk in the private men's forum. I think the last post in the forum was sometime during W's first term. :laugh:

14. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

That's apparently cause y'all don't let anyone in anymore ;)

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson
    Expand Collapse

It's us 4 and no more. :laugh:

16. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

LOL

:thumbs:

17. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H.
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Oldtimer</b>

Corey, I believe my 07/23/2007 PM to you explained this matter thoroughly. You need to reach 50 posts and send back the information I requested.

Now, Ulsterman, your post is bordering on the humor spectrum and I see mcdirector has picked up on it as she appreciates good humor. As you may see the Baptist Men's Private Forum has two moderators, Squire Robertsson & BJH. If you click on either of the two displayed names you will have their profiles and thereby you can send a PM to either of these two gentlemen. When you say that you have applied 11 days ago, could you let us know whom did you contact? I do not believe either of the two moderators accept emails, so the only other mode of communication left is a PM (Personal Message). I can categorically state that I have not received any communication from you, and if Squire Robertsson would have gotten a PM from you he would have replied in a day or two the most. So, how did you apply for entrance to the BMPF? And about that email "long, long time ago" just where did you sent it and to whom?

But just to be sure you get quick service this time, kindly answer the following four simple points and PM me back the information at your earliest convenience.

01. Kindly state your full name (not the displayed name, unless it is the same)
    02. Please confirm that you are at least 18 years of age (state your date of birth).
    03. Please confirm that you are a member of a Baptist church in good standing (name the church and locale).
    4. You need to have at least 50 posts to your account.

You see how simple it is, and I reassure you it is also painless. Best regards! :type:

#17 Barnabas H., Jul 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2007
  18. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if it sounds as interesting now that the secrets have been revealed...

Kinda like when we found out wrestlin' was fake.... shucks.

19. Ulsterman

Ulsterman
    Expand Collapse

A parable...(based on a true story)

When I was a boy I used to enjoy raiding apple trees every autumn. One evening my friends and I were were robbing a tree when a lovely old woman came out and caught us red handed. She said, "Boys, you don't need to steal my apples. I live here all alone and I couldn't eat that many apples, so if you want some just knock my door and I will allow you to have as many as you please." Do you know we never raided her orchard again. Why? She took all the fun out of it. You see, it wasn't about the apples, any one of us boys could have had any amount of apples from the fruit bowl at home, the fun was in the danger of being caught. Now, BJH, you are like that old lady, you've only gone and demystified the men's forum, even inviting me to PM you. You have taken all the fun out of it. Now I am not so sure I want to join. :laugh:

Maybe we should have a Masons forum after all. Look, I'm ready to join...
    [​IMG]

What I did was, I clicked on the link "here" in the forum title where it says, "To request access go to here." So I went there, and it says "Requests to join must be approved by a group leader. Group leaders: Squire Robertsson" inviting me to click a button entitled "Join Group". So I clicked it and it then read "You requested to join this group 07-11-2007 at 12:56 PM." So i asumed my request went to the good Squire, but that was the last I heard. But I will PM you Barnabas with my details so that I may at last enter the mysterious world of "Baptist Men." Thanks for your help.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K)
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

He is DEFINITELY at least 18 - :)