1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Men's Prayer Group

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Twizzler, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

If anyone would have any information on how to locate a good men's prayer-group, I'd appreciate any input you may have. I'm specifically looking for a 'men's-only' group locally that I could meet with once a week or so and possibly forge some good, Christ-based friendships outside of my existing church. Possibly a christian men's business group as well.

Anything?

I keep getting goofy dating information from google when I look for anything remotely similar online. (maybe it's a conspiracy) *wink wink*... though I'm sure it's more a matter of me not knowing what to look for instead.

Thanks in advance...

tw

2. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Have you tried the Gideons? In addition to passing out Bibles, they usually have some prayer and fellowship meetings that may meet your desires.

Every long lasting prayer and fellowship group usually has a mission (such as the Gideons) or have a dominate leader or teacher. I have observed that without a separate mission or a donimate leader, the group eventually fades away.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Start one yourself.

4. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Your profile indicates you are from Cedar Rapids, which has a YMCA. Check with them to see if there is a men's Bible study. Our YMCA has a men's Bible study that meets one hour a week. It is led by the director, who happens to be a Baptist. All denominations are welcome and everyone is encoraged to participate. There is an unwritten rule that we don't try to proselytize. We have from 10 to 15 men from all walks of life.

5. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Speaking of the Gideons... I was in a very upscale hotel this last weekend for Family Life's Weekend to Remember with my wife and was quite dismayed to see The Book of Mormon in the drawer right next to the Gideon-placed bible. :(

6. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I would guess you were in a Marriott hotel whose founder, Willard Marriott, is a devout Mormon.

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I thought the very same thing. :smilewinkgrin:

8. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

I didn't realize that... and yes... we were at a Marriott. It made me wonder if the book of mormon or any other types of religious books are placed in hotels along with the Gideon bibles.