1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mercy Street

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you planning on tuning in the first episode of Mercy Street on Public TV tonight? Mercy Street is set in Union-occupied Alexandria, Virginia and the Mansion House Hospital in the early years of the Civil War. Should be interesting for any history buffs and any interested in medicine during that ear.

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, I really need to throw up a digital antenna. I'm netflix-amazon only right now. But that might be a good show.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before or after Downton Abbey?

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here it is after Downton Abby. Not sure in your area. Check the listing online to be sure.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Set to record it.

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Five of the six episodes have aired. What is your feeling about this Civil War program.

To me the extreme tensions that had to exist between people are very evident. I think it program is well worth viewing.

Have you watched the program?

What are your thoughts?

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We were disappointed. Cannot speak exactly why, but it just did not hold our interest.

(One day later, I realize that I misspelled "just". My quality-control needs work. Ugh...)

#7 Rolfe, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I enjoy many PBS programs and to me they produce outstanding, educational, historical, and informative entertainment... Poldark was one as is Downton Abby and Mercy Street. The first episode of Mercy Street was a little hard on the stomach for my wife who didn't know weather we would watch it again... That being said being in Vietnam in the Marines for over a year I had seen my share of blood and it didn't bother me as much as it did her... The Civil War was definitely a bloody war, which war hasn't been but after the shock of the first episode we decided to continue watching... I know what war does to men and women that are exposed to it... They are never the same again... It effects body, soul and spirit and Mercy Street show how this is true with both sides and families and those in between caught in a war that should never had occurred... Brother Glen