1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Merits of the NIV

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Michael Edwards, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I am honestly not trying to get into an argument with you and I think I owe you appologies for past flames.

Can you tell me why you feel the Byzantine text form us better than earlier text forms regardless of where they came from? (location wise) Do you have some material that I could read and research or some good information that is posted on the web concerning this issue?

I know you have always stood behind the Byzantine text form, but I am not exactly sure of your reasoning. Also, at one time (I think) you made a remark about some of the problems with the NKJV as related to grammatical misinterpretation (seems like it was in Paul's letters)---what is your feelings about the NKJV in general and does it truly use the original text forms used by the KJV? I agree with you on the NIV being one of the weakest translations and have used the NASB as a backup to help me understand my KJV, but if the KJV textforms are more accurate, why does somebody not take them and make a modern translation from them (besides, of course, the NKJV)? Just curious......If you could point me to some study material I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

[ October 04, 2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Duh! The problem was taken care of clear back in May! He has not posted on any forum for 5 months!</font>[/QUOTE]DocCas
    I was not a member of this board 5 months ago.

Is it really necessary for you to be so condesending in your remarks? I would expect that someone with your education would have learned conversational etiquette somewhere along the way.

Perhaps I have offended you with some remark I have made. If this is so, please accept my apology.

[ October 05, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Terry Herrington ]