1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mermaids....can you draw?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Gina B, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If there's anybody here that is creative, I'm painting something for the girls and it has a mermaid in it. I'm working on the top of it, and I don't want it to look cheesy but I want the mermaid to have CLOTHES ON the top half or some type of covering. Got any ideas, or want to try your hand at drawing one and send it to me? [​IMG] And yes, it has to be a mermaid, lol, I promised Mandie and I already have half of it done, I just am trying to figure the top half, lol!
    da Gina

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina have her hair cover the top! Or if this isn't suitable use seashells... Sorry I don't draw mermaids... Brother Glen [​IMG]

[ April 16, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

How about if shes holding something in front of her? Like something from the theme of your picture, or from whatever your going to do with it.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sometimes, I have seen the mermaids with big seaweed leaves or whatever.

Other times, I have seen the top like it was a bathing suit (bikini) or a one peice, attached to her tail.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I drew one with a bikini to try out already, but decided I didn't like it, I'm too much of a whatever ya call it, she needs a real shirt, lol! But I do think that it would work if I do a few little things so it doesn't look dumb, like having seaweed growing and she's swimming behind it and you can only see her bottom half and her face, or school of fish, or something....although it isn't what I had in mind, lol. I just can't do one in clothes that doesn't look tacky. [​IMG]
    da Gina

6. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

7. Grace

Grace New Member

What about a "tasteful tank top?" (try saying that three times fast. (Is "tasteful tank top an oxymoron??? It sure sounds like it)
    Grace

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The page didn't have any pictures or anything on it, I tried a few times. :(
    I think I know what I'm going to do now anyhow. I'm just going to paint the entire upper half black, sort of like a second "skin", and at the wrists it'll have jagged edges like a fancy sleeve and a v at the neck, then the hands, face, and neck will be normal color.
    Sounds weird to describe, but I have the mental image. [​IMG]
    da Gina