1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Message to Church Leaders

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Humblesmith, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted this in one of the other categories, but it quickly got sidetracked and most people missed the whole point, so I'll try it here.

I am going to ask you to set aside a quiet hour and listen to this message. It is rather strong, and no doubt will be controversial with some. But I think the message is very important, and needs to be heard by leaders in the church today. Do not miss the last half.

This message speaks directly to seminary leaders, famous bible teachers, and pastors. The main thrust of the message is about how the church has viewed our universities, and what is happening to our college students and our culture. It issues a challenge to several Christian leaders, naming them by name.

http://archive.org/details/OnTheNatureOfSpiritualWarfareAndAPleaToTheChurch

The link will take you to a page where you can either listen or download the MP3 file. After you listen, consider sending the link to the church leaders that you know.

I think the main thrust of this message rings true, and we need to take heed. I'm interested to know what you think. I encourage you to pass this along to other leaders whom you know.

As I said, portions are quite strong. If it offends, I apologize in advance.

#1 Humblesmith, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Although I like much of what he said, the fact is he RIPPED scripture out of context, and often ignored it completely. The idea that a person needs to understand the difference between a formal fallacy and informal fallacy in order to be an elder, is a LAUGHABLE point of view from a scriptural standpoint. I appreciate his zeal for exercising the intellect, though.

This man seems to have forgotten that this is a spiritual battle. You can have the most elegant apologetics in the world, but ONLY the Holy Spirit can open the eyes of a man who is dead and blind. You can be the most fumbling, bumbling speaker in the world; but God is equally capable of bringing light to a dead man's soul. The fact is, the current condition of the church has NOTHING to do with apologetics, and has everything to do with churches where the Gospel is absent, preaching moralism to their people.

Also, I am not a big fan of preachers who read a scripture, and then spend there time on allegories, stories, and attacking things in the world...the power of the Christian Church is in the proclamation of the Gospel, in the preached Word....each piece of a text needs to be dealt with...