1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

messege board blues/ re-opened

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by don 3426, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Is that going to be in the Forum for Polls?

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I for one am getting tired of his mocking "Elmer Gantry" stereotyping of Baptists. There were alot of Roman Catholics who used to post on this board sterotyping all Baptists as a bunch of ignorant backwoods hillbillies. I think it is about time we wise up to this jokers shtick and let him take his act somewhere else. Most of us are too passionate and serious about what we believe to have someone like this clowning around about it.

3. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

I was banned because of what i believed not because of anything bad, cut throat as in they used cussing and vulger comments to cut me down

4. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

Every post i have wrongfully accused someone in i have appologised for which has proof with "just want peace". i accused him of somthing he stated that i took wrong so i appologised when he posted.

5. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

ps_104 u use a bible verse for ur name and then turn to insulting somone who never insulted you. i have insulted no one, i have told what i believed and read in the BIBle as all of u have. I never did anything to anyone on this thread, i asked jay how i could help him and then suddenly im hit like im fraternising with the enimy, i dont know what i did, why is it all of your bussness when i talk to a friend about bring people to christ. I do not have pitty partys i just told "just want peace" that people have taken my words out of context and gave back up so its not like i made it up. If it is so offencive that i put a trademark phase so a buddy can make shure its me then i will take it down. but i dont understand why people are so angry with people who have a discussion about jerry falwell and gays. I added some hummor that i frogot to signify as a joke and i have appologise for the offence. But how else is someone soposed to be on the forum. i came on here as a soutern baptist in favor of the sbc, i like hulk hogan because he is a conservitive wrestler that is a struggling christian and i do not try to be like his fults, i look up to jerry falwell because he has morral views and is one of the few who stand up. If i have strong views why is it a problem all my views are in line with Gods word. There is no offenceive words or insults in my writings. If you all have a problem with what i say then lets discuss it, thats what two baptists are soposed to do in a baptist forum, i give backup to mine you give back up for yours thats all i have ever asked is that my words would not be taken out of contxt. This thread was to jay to help with his forum, if all of you have a beef with him for somthing he did then take that up with him, but i just stay on the side with the scripture and the most back up. You have to admit this board would be pretty dull without differing opinions.
    P.S. my spelling is bad because i am a bad typist and speed through what i say because i talk on AIM at the same time. If that offends you then i will try to spell better.

In Christ and for christ don 3426

6. Jayohio1

Jayohio1 New Member

I find it hilarious how a few of you overzealous folks can dream up these grand conspiracies. I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHO DON3426 IS. However he logged onto the board I was talking about, and low and behold he stayed in the subject of the Ten Comandments.

And I attend a Freewill Baptist church in PIQUA OHIO. If you would like a signed affidavit, I will see if my preacher can fax all of you one.

This is truly ridiculous.

7. delly

delly New Member

Jay, how would anyone know what you were talking about when you put Piqua in your profile. I know I wouldn't relate it to a place or a church. The moderators ask us to specify which church we attend and your response should have been Piqua Freewill Baptist church. Now, is that too too much to ask?

The moderators must be careful about this forum. A sincere member should know that.

You did also state in another topic that you knew Don3426 from another board. You may not know him personally but you are aquainted with him.

We are asked by the moderators not to recruit the members for other boards. It is a simple rule and does not require a lot of thought. To be here, you must abide by the rules. Is that asking more than you can give? If so, you aren't here for the right reasons.

Not respecting the moderators is a sure fire way to get one banned. I have always found them to be fair. If you don't respect them, you won't be here long.

8. Jayohio1

Jayohio1 New Member

"You did also state in another topic that you knew Don3426 from another board. You may not know him personally but you are aquainted with him."

Point me in the direction of where I stated this if you could.

9. delly

delly New Member

This is a quote from a post by Mike McK in Common Ground Coffee House. The name of the thread was; What is the deal. The quote was apparently taken from a thread that had been closed by the moderators.

Originally posted by Jayohio1:
    I came here , a Christian man, and was looking for some other folks to pop into a message board I go to all the time to help me answer all the nonChristians on there, and what do I get?
    1. Smart mouthed pms from Dr. Bob
    2. My topic closed without any warning

Maybe I am overeacting, but I figured at least here their would be respect.

((Talk to don3246 and see if I am most likey the only Christian on that board. He was there he knows.))

Jay, we have to assume that you and Don were on another board together. You admitted it right there.

10. Jayohio1

Jayohio1 New Member

Yeah, he stopped in shortly after I posted the link, never spoke to him, dont know a thing about him.
    And you should never assume.

As far as respect goes, I respect everybody, I had no idea "recruiting" from a board was a bad thing, and I still think the pms I recieved were way overboard. But hey, I am new to this board and I can understand somebody thinking I might be a wacko, trust me, thats the farthest from the truth. Anyway i am growing tired of defending myself, when I should be learning something on here instead.

11. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

I am glad somone understands what going on here. Jay is right in what he states, they seem to find sertin people to pick on. Like i said in a previous post i do not see them posting stuff about ivyleaguer not being baptist his profile has no statement of going to a baptist church eather, all i saw was petty stuff. I do not understand why everyone goes crazy when someone comes with a different biblical opinion. Thats totaly nuts that the moderators can put so much unquestioned pressure on someone for trying to help other non christians. He clearly was not recruting somone for another forum. It would not make a difference because people dont leave forums to go to others. Its not like they can loose money if i left completly. If they want people to stay on this bored then they should stop attacking people who have a biblical stand point in mind. GET OFF OUR BACKS! we just come and post as everyone else and if they have a problem then they can talk to me or him we do not need somone to go talking at me about somthing they know nothing about. What i say is not irrational and not against christianity. If i start to cuss check back with me but sont bug people about innocent things on their profile unless you are asking a kind question with a good intention in mind.

12. 2Timothy4:1-5

2Timothy4:1-5 New Member

This entire thread is truly a black eye on Christianity [​IMG]

13. don 3426

don 3426 New Member

Tell me about it brother, I cant believe i have to go to this length to defend myself on a christian forum.

I wanderd this site for 30 seconds and found this in the forum above (baptists only) this is were people introduce themselves and jay introduses himself this way:

"My name is Jay, I am 31, Married for nearly ten years. I have four children, ages 6,5,4,3 (no thats not a typo) 3 oldest are girls, youngest is a boy. I am in charge of our towns water and wastewater plants. I attend Piqua Free Will Baptist. Been saved and Baptised for 6 years, attended churches all my life (mom sang in a gospel group), I am a transplanted hillbilly, living in Ohio, I drive a race car at a local blacktop track, head coach a little league team, and MY ministry that I fail at more often than not is I spend a lot of free time on a different message board witnessing to the lost the best I can. thats a job I am nearly ready to give up on, but we shall see. Anyway thats my life."

If you will read this and wonder why the moderators made such a big deal about jay not putting the full name of his church on his profile even when he had that he was baptist above it. i would expect a moderator to keep up on the introductions at least so they know whos entering because jay clearly posted his churches affiliation and his testimony of being a baptist. This post was the second on posted (not hard to find) so if DHK had the right heart about his post then he would have checked this out. But thats what i have to say about these attacks

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Closed, for good. If someone wants to reopen it, they risk suspension. I am not going to tolerate the attacks and open defiance of authority.

Period.