1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

messengers/angels

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TaterTot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

The 3 messengers that visited with Abraham and Sarah in Genesis 18 left there and went on toward Sodom (v. 16,22). In the beginning of Ch. 19, there are two angels that arrive in Sodom (in the form of men).

1) Are these the same messengers that spoke with Abraham? (I think they are)

2) Where is the 3rd one?

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The third was God Himself, what I believe to be a Christophany.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I agree with this, and the 3rd one is speaking with Abraham (you know the part, if there are 10 righteous, etc.)

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Well I was wondering if it might be a theophany there. I wonder where He went, when, and why? (b/c of the ungodliness in that city?)

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

True! I always love studying this episode in Abraham's life!!! The fatted calf and the bread----"Boys!!! Hang around!!!! We're gonna eat awhile!!!":thumbs:

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I would assume they are as well.

I don't think we have any way of really knowing. I agree that I believe the 3rd one is a Christophany. I do not know why He is not present at the beginning of Chap. 19. But the Lord did tell Abraham in 18:21 that He was going there. So perhaps He was already there before the other two?