1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Messianics?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Keith M, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Today I am at home due to an extreme snowfall which hit SW Ohio yesterday and today. I have been looking at a lot of web sites having to do with the Messianic Jews and I have come to the conclusion that Messianics are cultic in nature.

What are your opinions?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I don't know about those websites but we had a Messianic Jew preach at our church 2 weeks ago and he's an ordained Baptist Minister who happens to be Jewish by birth. BTW... in the last 27 years, he's won most of his relatives to the Lord. His wife was Baptist and is not Jewish.

Excellent preacher/ missionary!

3. Amen

Amen New Member

Messianic Jews are Jews who trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ right? Doesn't that make them Christian? So why the Messianic Jews title?

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I think the Messianic Jew title is used by those of Jewish decent who accept Jesus Christ as their Messiah to retain some semblence of credibility with their Jewish family, etc. My grandfather was a Jewish/ German man who became a devout Christian before I was born. He called himself a completed Jew decades before the term was widely used.

A Messianic Jew is a Jew who has met his Messiah!

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm thinking you might be thrown by some of the traditions.
    Messianic Judaism varies, but the idea is accepting Christ and still honoring our heritage and culture by continuing to recognize the holy days in the traditional ways.
    There is nothing cultic about that.
    Most are no longer accepted as true Jews by their people, and that's sad. Even more sad that another Christian would declare them a cult because their worship styles differ. :( Hopefully you were reading something other than that to convince you of that thought, so please share it.
    Just as in Baptist churches, some teach false beliefs and some don't. Some are cultic and some are not. You can't throw out a whole group of people based on what you see on a few internet pages.
    Gina

6. JamesRay

JamesRay New Member

Messianic Jews are Christians. Internet pages really do not say much--some can be set up like they are "real" but are actually made by people who are dissatisfied one way or another.
    Christ is Greek for "Messiah" hence, Jesus Christ=Jesus the Messiah= Christians

Messiah is from Hebrew Meshiach hence to keep Hebrew Identity the Jews who accept Jesus use the term Messianic Jews.

Nice Meeting you Gina and Diane, Shalom.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Hola James, welcome to the board! [​IMG]
    Gina

8. Amen

Amen New Member

Thanks for the explanation! I've always wondered why Christian Jews are called that. Thanks again! God Bless!

9. Keith M

Keith M New Member

According to many of the web pages I looked at yesterday, many Messianics refuse to accept the name "Christian" as they claim that is a title that should be applied only to Gentiles who have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. Many of the web pages seemed cultic to me in that thay claim to have a special "truth" and that all who don't believe exactly as they do are "wrong." I know of a Messianic on another board who feels that any thought which is not in agreement with his thoughts are wrong. He is so set in his thought patterns, that no matter how many times he is shown something is different than he thinks, there is no convincing him he is wrong. I pray for him every day...

10. JamesRay

JamesRay New Member

You get that attitude in any Faith.
    Some people are so "gung ho" that they shut others out, not realising it while others just want to fashion it in their way (Fred Phelps comes to mind), but all in all, God knows who is true and who isn't. I know Messianic Jews who are SO EXCITED to be forgiven by Jesus.

Hope this helps Keith,
    God Bless,

James

11. liebeskind

liebeskind Guest

First I want to say Hi.

I think it is important to know that the Title of Messianic Jew is an Oxymoron. Anyone who has read the post http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/28/2972.html?, Jewish, Hebrew, Israelite, will know the truth about the term and their lineage. Below is a helpful tool which will clealry educate those to know that the Hebrew-Linear Language that was spoken by Abraham is not that same Hebrew-Yiddish that was spoken by the Judeans during the time of Eesho M'sheekha. The language of Abraham was the "root" Language of the Samaritans. The Language of the Judeans during the time of Eesho M'sheekha is the offspring of Aramaic. Hebrew-Yiddish was not the language of my fourfathers. Messiah comes from M'sheekha (aramaic).

http://www.ontopia.net/i18n/ftree.jsp?id=phoenician-s

I have read the mission statements from a lot of their website, and they believe pretty mush the same, but they don't believe Eesho was God (John 1:18)

Other than that they seem to follow the same principles, but I have not attended a service of theirs to know what their really about.

Ron

12. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like Christianity there are various denominations within the Messianic movement. Yet for a Jew, Messianic Judaism is the fufilment of Mosaic Judiasm.

13. liebeskind

liebeskind Guest

If you know what I know, the Jews in the time of Eesho did not follow the law of Moses, they followed the Babylonian Talmud! Their is no such thing as Mosaic Judaism! But don't Believe me, let them tell you:

The Talmud derives its authority from the position held by the ancient academies. (i.e. Pharisee) The teachers of those academies, both of Babylonia and of Palestine. were considered the rightful successors of the older Sanhedrin . At the present time, the Jewish people have no living central authority comparable in status to the ancient Sanhedrins or the later academies. Therefore, any decision regarding the Jewish religion must be based on the Talmud as the final resumé of the teaching of those authorities when they existed.
    (The Jews — Their History, Culture, and Religion , Vol. 4, p. 1332, Jewish Publication Society of America, 1949 ).

Like I said before, it's amazing how Christian like to promote falsehood of those that called themselves Jews (as of the Bloodline of Judah and Jacob) BUT ARE NOT, when those jews clearly state who they are whom they believe and where they came from.

It's funny, now the jews are kicking themselves because of the higher knowledge they held on to has slipped though their hands exposing them for who they really are Antichrist.

Hey, just like the Muslims, the jews own information is their worse enemy.

I hope that Christians will stop taking the word of the semetary school teachers, and study for themselves. The findings are so unbias!

Ron

14. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which group of Jews are you reffering to? The Hellenistic, the Essenes, the Sadduces, the Pharisees or any of the other sects?

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have worshipped with Messianic Jews on occassion. They are good Christians.

Messianic Jew - simply means a Jew that accepts Jesus as the Christ -- only instead of using the Greek term - they use the Biblical Hebrew term.

In Christ,

Bob

16. liebeskind

liebeskind Guest

ALL OF THEM!

17. liebeskind

liebeskind Guest

You can't have it both ways. They are NOT jews as of Judah, please let this register. They are jews based on worship (Talmud). But most are folloed into believing they are chosen or that they are decendence of the tribe of Judah, and their not. Even their own material states this so.

SO don't mix up the meaning of the word they use, they are german, polish and rusian Khazars.

This does not make them bad people, but they should not make poeple beleive that they are the products from Noah, Shem, Jacob and Judah. The historical fact are CRYSTAL clear on that!

Ron.

18. JamesRay

JamesRay New Member

Ronald H.,

Are you anti-semetic? Jewish is BOTH Religion and RACE. They can be of ANY Religion they please.

There are Jews in Europe, Africa, North and South America, all over so please, keep your Anti-Semetic views to yourself.

19. liebeskind

liebeskind Guest

ARE YOU BLIND, DO YOU READ. Read my post they, The Europeans Jews (white skinned) are not Semites! I am tired of you people speaking without knowledge! Their own material states this fact as well as history. I am anti-Jew, white people are not semetic, the jews today that are white or from Europe are not from the tribe of Shem, therefore they are not semites. I will not tell lies like you and others and then when the truth comes out you label us as ANTISEMITES, hey I don't hate black people! Those of the Anti Defermation League and other Jewish organizations or not Semites, and you nor them can prove it or has proven it! All the material and history as well are to the contrary! Only the Ethiopian (some) and Southern Arab (some) and Somolians (some) have a blood line to Judah!

Stop spreading lies, or you will be considered an ANTICHRIST!

People please stop getting angry at me because you've being lied to and trick most of your lives! JUST LET IT GO, IT HAPPENS TO EVERYONE. THANKS!

For more information please read this post http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/28/2972.html

Happy Holiday

Ron

20. JamesRay

JamesRay New Member

Ron, I'm a Cherokee with white skin, from Irish, French, German, too. Skin color has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
    There are Semites who are as white as snow.
    Skin Color has nothing to do with it. You do not reckon the Jews could have mixed with Germans, Russians, etc.,

Do you deny the Holocoust happened to the Jews b/c the Majority was of European Stock?