1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexican flag flies in face of angry City Council Candidate....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 26, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ntario-Family-for-Mexican-Flag-277044671.html

This is going on right now. A candidate for a local city council seat is seen berating a non-English speaking Hispanic lady for flying a Mexican flag in her front yard!

The truth is, this is not the only home in California where this is done, and there are many people feeling like this city council candidate.

So my question to you is .... do you agree with the lady who is flying the flag, or the city council candidate. And while we are discussing this, do you know of families doing something similar with the flag of their native homeland?

Finally, should there be a law against flying any flag but the American flag?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have been in the US and do not speak english and fly an Mexican flaf in their front yard. Probably support RAZA. They do not want to assimilate they want to take over.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No big deal. I have seen the Italian flag flying here. I have seen the Dutch flag flying here. The whole of downtown flies the French flag on Bastille Day. I have seen flags from other nations flying in a number of cities. And what about the Confederate Flag? After all we are a nation of immigrants. My ancestors on both sides came to the "New World" in the 1600's, that doesn't matter we, I, you are from immigrant stock except of a drop or to of Native American blood any of us might have.

So, do you get upset when folk who have lived here for generations tell you that they are Polish, Scottish, English, etc.?

#3 Crabtownboy, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

The day that happens, we cease to be America.

5. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see anything wrong with that, being an immigrant myself.
    Especially if they are not yet American citizens, they are not under obligation to be loyal to this country and its constitution yet.
    However, if they do choose to fly the American flag along with theirs, then they MUST fly and/or display the American flag in a position of precedence over their own.

If a law is passed making it mandatory for everybody to fly ONLY the American flag, we might as well pass a law making it mandatory to have the Bible and the Bible only in all bookstores.

6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with the Mexican flag flying as long as the US flag also flies, either higher than the Mexican flag or on its own right.

The gated community I live in flies three flags. The US flag. The Canadian flag (we have a lot of "winter Texans"). And the Texas flag. The US flag is in the superior position, on its own right.

Not an issue. It is still a free country (well, sort of).

7. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be honest, I'm more offended by the "non-English speaking" part than I am about the part of the Mexican flag.

We have a summer home in Cape May, NJ. If they were to outlaw flaying foreign flags, between the Irish flags and the Canadian flags, most of my neighbors would be in jail.

The difference, of course, is that they're Americans who are celebrating a heritage. The woman in California is a Mexican who is making political statement.

I, personally, choose to fly our state flag, rather than the US flag. Occasionally, on certain holidays, I'll fly the Bonnie Blue Flag.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Freedom for all or there is freedom for none.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I worked at a company with operations in multiple countries. Our headquarters flew the flags of all of them. A prominent church in Colorado Springs flies flags of all the world's countries.

10. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is VERY POOR TASTE to fly any flag other than the American flag in AMERICA. To those who fly the flags of other countries, I say "LEAVE. If you think it is SO much better in some other county, GET OUT."

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the position of Mexico, or its provinces, to flying an American flag or state flags [e..g., Texas] in Mexico?

12. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Many Mexicans "Hispanics" have contempt for our language,laws and culture and think we owe it to them. Question: Why does it say in Jury Duty that "you MUST speak English to server jury duty" BUT a Principal get fired to tell students you must speak English at school?

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great question .... maybe someone will have the answer!

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I like that idea, but it must be the TLB and English version :smilewinkgrin:

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist