1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexico Threatens to Go to United Nations If US Builds Security Fence

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Wrong -- you do get it. Most people look and see Mexican illegals, not Native Americans who for centuries have crossed the Rio Grande both ways in a migrant pattern. True, there needs to be a different methodology -- for the current "process" isn't protecting the US. But the protection should be against those determined to destroy this country, not from those wishes to better themselves (and by doing so, better US.)

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

It is discrimination to say, "Pay for this work visa, and we will let you work. And then the poor worker gets to the border, and then he is told, 'we won't let you in'."

Pay a couple hundred dollars and ride a pretty clean bus with little chance of getting killed to go to work all while having the legal respect that comes with being within the law, or pay thousands of dollars, risk getting killed in the process, and be labeled an illegal all because the system IS BROKEN.

You do not have a flood of illegals coming from Canada, because we have always traded better with them and they have jobs.

The jobs we promised Mexico (several million) went to CHINA.

Nothing personal, but could we be honest in our dealing with Mexico for at least a decade? ONE DECADE OUT OF 20? Is that asking too much?

I don't want illegals, but the problem is that we have continued to lie to them. We (the biggest changes were made under the Clinton Administration) have promised them economic opportunity in return for opening THEIR BORDERS - and we sent that economic opportunity to countries full OF MUSLIMS THAT SUPPORT TERRORISM . . .

I just do not understand that. :BangHead:

We have spent billions protecting muslims while the muslims have killed millions of Christians. BILLIONS! And we cannot even keep HALF of the promises that we have made to MEXICO to help keep their economy going so that THEY WOULD NOT WANT TO COME HERE.

Mexico (away from the tourists) is a much better country to live in . . . the people don't look at you and say, "How can I cheat him out of another NAFTA deal?"

Yes, there has been a NAFTA trickle down effect, but it has been less than a quarter of what was SUPPOSED to go to Mexico . . . I do not know that the loopholes were intentional, but they were definitely exploited.

And yes, you are discriminating for CANADIANS and against NATIVE AMERICANS called just because you call them 'MEXICANS'. Everyone discriminates in some way . . . even in a homogeneous society (Japan for instance) we all make choices based upon personal choices. But, to blame a bunch of poor Mexican workers because they cannot afford the lawyer to sue the USA to act according to the agreements set forth in the work visa program is ridiculous.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You didn't have to tell them . . . ;)

Scary isn't it . . . we keep feeding the 'pit bull' and the 'python' hoping that they won't eat the kids . . . quit feeding the enemy.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, we have sent some jobs to Canada but they are not totally dependant on America to stimulate their economy. Canada has Canadian based companies like RIM. America is also having trouble supporting it's own citizens, I am against all this outsourcing which is putting big dollars in wall street pockets but is putting many Americans out of a job.

I'd have to admit, I have no idea what you mean by this but even if we failed to keep our promise doesn't give you the right to claim what you feel is yours illegally. Just because Walmart dowsn't honor the sale price doesn't give you the right to steal the item.

If this is about Iraq, we are protecting them because we took away what little stability they had. We are obligated to stay and put somekind of stable government in place. Mexico City is a very vibrant and rich area. Why is it the money doesn't trickle to the poorer parts of Mexico? Why is it America job to help their economy? We have homeless, ghetto's and needy also.

I disagreed with Clinton and NAFTA. It didn't send any jobs and money back to America. We did send a lot of auto industry jobs to Mexico are at least I thought we did.

Some of the native Americans in Mexico were native to that area and did not come from this land. If I'm not mistaken, Aztec's are one. America isn't obligated to take them in. Secondly, the largest part of "Mexicans" go back to Spain and not Indians. Lastly, if the ones who are from this land would register the correct way they can not only freely go back and forth, I believe we'll even give them a check if they are as little as 1/64th pure Indian.

I still say Wayne you are letting your emotions override logic. Man I love Mexicans and I love everybody. There are right ways and wrong ways to do anything and we have allowed Mexico to do things the wrong way too long. It's time to stop looking the other way and put the whole thing in check.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why dont Mexico fix its own problems instead of calling us discriminators. We dont owe them anything and their border American caught crossing into Mexico illegally?

Quite frankly I find it all quite hypocritical and arrogant.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Yes, people enter 'illegally' into Mexico all the time . . . and then we cry when they won't release our people after a one night jail stay.

Ironic ain't it . . .

I am responding to what I think you were saying.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

WOW

I really do not know where to start . . . I have a 25 page paper that I wrote that might help you start . . .

What you call the Aztecs were a very small and evil tribe that completely devastated the spiritual makeup of half of Mexico . . . their name was Mexica . . . from which we get Mexico.

No, no one can freely go back and forth over the border if they are 'dark' complected. I can go go back and forth fairly freely (hence I have been el güero for years.)

No, my emotions are fairly clear on this. I am against illegal immigration. Most of my kind are . . . . but, thinking that making someone that should be able to get a legal job here (that is how the current law is ACTUALLY SET UP) illegal will slow down anything is emotional and ludicrous.

Quit letting in any one from a foreign country until they have lived in Mexico for at least 2 years. Do not let anyone come in on the basis of parent or child . . . workers only. And let them work for 4 years BEFORE they can begin the application process.

AND LET MEXICANS COME ACROSS WHEN THEY PAY FOR A WORK VISA.

It is immoral and illegal the way that we are doing the present system (and it is BROKEN). We are stealing from poor mexicans ... and then we blame them as well.

Let's make the system legally workable.

And let's keep out those elements that support terrorism. I know that you don't hear what I am saying, but it is coming. And it is NOT coming from Mexico.

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Wow--who would have thunk it---I agree with Pancho.:wavey:

Bro Tony

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I agree . . . 'cept it is not sancho panza . . .

And while I agree, I would rather FIX THE PROBLEM than to argue about assignment of blame . . .

:1_grouphug:

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I guess this is where you loose me. How do you define "should be able to get a legal job here?"

I agree, what would a workable system be to you?

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

There is a 'legal worker program' on the books. Unfortunately, for a Mexican they have to jump more hurdles than Indians, Chinese, Afghanis, Iraqis, or just about anyone else.

If they have more money than an Indian, they can get a job here legally and pray that the border patrol agents will let them in.

It should cost about $400 for a Mexican to come here legally to work. But, in reality, the Mexicans that do try the legal method end up wasting their money and then coming in illegally.

I would place US offices of immigration 3 hours drive south of the border in 5 major cities . . . I would exclude Monterrey . . . by choosing medium size cities, you would be an agent of growth of jobs in MEXICO. I would change the laws that let all of those jobs miss Mexico so that those jobs would be pulled out of China and India and back to Mexico. I would place a minimum number of work visas at around 500 thousand individuals - in case of recession (better to plan ahead). I would place a maximum of about 10 million work visas. I would sell them at about 200k per month for the first 3 months and cutting back to 100k the next 6 months. A maintenance level of about 20 to 50k per month would probably suffice.

I would make a legal exchange of bank money at a FIXED rate. I would place the entire money gram hierarchy in jail for cheating the poor (I know that won't go, but the theft is ridiculous on both sides of the river.)

I would set it up so that the people could expect a reasonably safe ride to and from Mexico.

I would encourage an economic zone 100 miles to 200 miles inside of Mexico. I would encourage the Mexican workers to buy homes in the region and move their families there . . . Retirement communities that they can go home to.

I would give a worker up to 10 years work in the USA - I would set up a mandatory workers retirement (greatly reduced retirement benefits, but set it up so that Mexicans after 10 years or 20 here can expect to have enough to retire on). Trust me - they will WANT TO GO HOME.

;)

We get workers (legal), and a great increased workforce that is much more easily controlled.

Of course, there should be a slight tax to help maintain the Mexican side of the economic zone and the increased border patrol security . . . all of this would be cheaper than the present 'coyote' mafia system . . . .