1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Michael being Jesus

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Angels are created beings. Jesus is not a created being unless of course you are taking the JW position of Colossians 1, Rev 3:14 to butcher the text and claim the He was created.

Hebrews 1:7 “And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.”

Hebrews 1:14 “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?”

Jesus, when He came in the flesh-Phil 2:6-11- was "made a little lower than the angels" Psalm 8:5, Hebrews 2:7. You can't be made lower than the angels AND be an angel at the same time.

1 Thess 4 does not say that Jesus is Michael. It says the VOICE of the archangel. If Jesus uses the voice of the archangel makes him Michael, then having the trump of God makes the trumpet God.

Furthermore:

"For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?" Hebrews 1:5

When John bowed to the angel to worship him, the angel said "see thou DO IT NOT" Revelation 19:10, because angels are not to be worshiped and that would include Michael. Yet all of the angels in heaven worship Jesus. "Let all of the ANGELS of God worship HIM" Heb 1:6

Revelation 19:12 shows that when He returns, that Christ will have a name that NOBODY ELSE KNOWS but HE HIMSELF. If his name was "Michael", that would be a complete contradiction to Rev 19:12

The Bible never refers to Michael as a Son. Hebrews 1:5 makes it perfectly and specifically clear that NO ANGEL has ever been referred to as the SON of God. No angel has ever been begotten of the Father.

This is a blatant Jehovah's Witness doctrine:

""The foremost angel, both in power and authority, is the archangel, Jesus Christ, also called Michael." -The Watchtower, November 1, 1995, p. 8"

Referring to Jesus as a created angel is blasphemous, and you are by no means a Christian if this is your view of Christ.

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Cannot see my signature?

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

so Spurgeon wasn't a Christian either I gather ???

4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

First of all, Spurgeon was a Calvinist and if you have seen anything of how I feel about Calvinism, I could frankly care less what Spurgeon says. Spurgeon is not my final authority, the Bible is, therefore I could care less what Spurgeon said, it doesn't fit the Bible.

But you are either a JW or 7DA, that much is clear.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I am a Baptist

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I perceive a very judgemental and harsh attitude and bitterness flowing from you----is it easy for you to manifest this kind of attitude toward people ??

7. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

No you are not. Everything you have said on prophecy, Michael, hell, and now the accusation that the 7th Day Adventist Church frequently uses to claim that Spurgeon taught that Michael was Jesus all show you are either a JW or 7DA. Take your pick but you are certainly no Baptist, and with that view of Christ, not even a Christian.

Jesus as Almighty, does not give His glory to another. Isaiah 42:8. You claim to be a Christian and give a created being the same status and glory as Almighty God? No sir.

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I reckon then that spurgeon--Gill--Edwards and possibly even calvin are all not Christians according to your account then ???

9. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

I have many disagreements with Calvinists, KJVO critics, but I draw that line at blatant blasphemy against my Saviour. You have denied virtually every fundamental doctrine of the Bible and now make Jesus into a created being. You are no Christian, but a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Jesus said "if ye believe not that I am HE ye shall die in your sins" John 8:24. Jesus didn't say if ye believe that I am MICHAEL, He said if ye believe not that I am HE-God Almighty, PLUS NOBODY and MINUS NOBODY ELSE. Jesus is not Micahel, and to claim such is blasphemy against the Lord Jesus Christ. You have preached another Jesus. 2 Cor 11:4

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." Gal 1:8

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

that's it brother let it out---let it all out brother !!!helps that anger and bitterness inside of you.

I do believe Jesus is God---are you saying everyone here that's a Calvinist also is not saved ???

maybe your the only one on this forum that is actually saved ???

11. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Question: if you are a Baptist, why do you espouse doctrines concerning Jesus that are not in the Baptist Faith and Message?

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

what do you mean ???

13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Even the Calvinists on here have disagreed with you about Michael. I can't speak for their salvation, I am speaking of YOURS. I don't care if it's a Calvinist, a Baptist, a Baptiscostal, a Pentamatic, or Mr Holy pastor of Edible Shoes Baptist Church, if he preaches and believes in some other Jesus than that given in the Bible, he is no Christian. You can not claim that Jesus is God AND Michael at the same time. It is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit AND NO OTHER. Anything more is a denial of Christ's deity.

14. Steadfast Fred

Amen! Preach it!

15. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I do believe Jesus is God---Brother your anger and hostility is gonna cause a nervous breakdown if you don't keep that thing down

16. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

Amen! :thumbsup: :jesus:

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Brother are you 100% correct in all that you teach ???you will have to say NO

the only perfect one was Christ--all men have a margin of error in them---even cristians--your judgemental and harsh attitude is gonna cause much pain to you friend if you don't get it under control

18. Steadfast Fred

But which Jesus do you believe is God? There are many false Christ's in the world. The one that calls himself both Jesus and Michael is one such false Christ.

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

so I reckon all of you are saying Spurgeon was a lost man then ????:love2:

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recon we are getting a lot of weirdos joining the board lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.