1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michael J. Fox & Parkinson's

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by El_Guero, Oct 26, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That would have been dumb.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I, on the other hand, am quite willing to go off my allergy medicine, :eek: temporarily :eek: , to demonstrate the effects of my problem - if I were called in to testify in front of Congress. :)

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I am not so certain that both Bro. Curtiss and M J Fox would love your humor.

:laugh:

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

My point is that there is a huge difference between stopping treatment which would affect the outcome of a condition and one which affects only the symptoms.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Daisy,

I figured as much, but having not taken allergy medicine for a year, I know that the side effects of allergy medicine were bad (the cure was worse than the disease). But, our allergies can be lived with . . . even if we are miserable.

Some diseases demand treatment, especially when the symptoms lead to death. IMHO. Of course, I do not believe that stem cell research is one of the treatments demanded by a disease.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Your medicine wasn't a cure, was it?

It's an autoimmune disease which can lead to more frequent infections (which can be fatal), sleep apnea and related heart problems. Some allegies can be fatal when they lead to anaphylactic shock (which can also be side effect of treatment).

So, you're against all stem cell research, including adult stem cells? Why?

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Because tampering with God's creation has NEVER been a good thing.

Temporary 'personal gain' does not outweigh the coming judgment of God . . .

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

ElGuero,
    Congratulations: with this post you have borne false witness against me.

Here is what I wrote:
    I did not call you anything. Since you have invoked the word "liar," and have made the claim that I "called" you a liar, this is now an integrity issue for you.

I very clearly made a conditional statement, and even the most casual observer knows that this is true.

Stoop to my level? You came right out and falsely accused me. Again, this is now an integrity issue for you.

Perhaps you should heed my advice to you: next time - calm down, take a deep breath, and read what I write before you reply to me. Perhaps next time you won't make the mistake of bearing false witness.

Wow, EG: I'm embarrassed for you.....
    BiR