1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michael Savage has been banned from entering the UK

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by BigBossman, May 7, 2009.

1. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those of you who don't know who Michael Savage is, he is a conservative radio talk show host. His radio program, The Savage Nation can be heard across the country.

I was listening yesterday, & according to him, British Home Secretary Jacqui Smith has put him on a list of known killers & terrorists who are banned from entering the UK. Interestingly enough, he has denounced the activities of the people he on that list with.

Personally, I don't care if another country bans me from coming in, but I don't like how he was defamed by that British Home Secretary. Michael Savage stated that he was considering suing her.

2. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

I hope he does. How much longer will it be before the U.S. starts banning people who condemn homosexuality? I heard that Michael said things like " kill the sodomites". I certainly don't condone this type of behavior, if it's true. That is not what Christ commands us to do. They need Jesus like any other sinner.

3. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I know. Michael Savage can be off the wall sometimes, but I can't say that I disagree with everything he's said.

What's also interesting is, here in the States its hard to successfully win a defamation of character lawsuit. However, in the UK, they don't have a first amendment like we have. Its would be a whole lot easier for him to win over there.

I also thought it was crazy that she made it illegal for any government official over there to use the word "terrorist" to descibe one's destructive activity. Now they are required to use the term "Anti-Islamic Activity". I find this hard to belive since terrorist groups like Hamas, the Taliban, or others always claim to be doing it for Allah.

#3 BigBossman, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
  4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Savage is a hatemonger who has been the center of controversy before. My guess is he likes this because it puts him in the news.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

But to act as though Savage is a danger is just silly.

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Just like when the US banned Cat Stevens. I guess he was being followed by more than just a moon shadow.

7. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember when I heard about John Lennon almost being banned here in the States & deported becuase of his song, "Imagine". People thought it was a song favoring communism. Based on the words, I'd have to agree. They should have deported him back to Britain.

Of course when he started singing, "Imagine a world with no countries", that leads me to belive that he wanted a world government.