1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Kwan Withdrawing from the Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Friend of God, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Michelle Kwan announced today that she can't practice because of her health, and is considering withdrawing from the Olympics.

This is terrible! A medal winner from the last winter olympics was not allowed on the team to give Kwan a chance to finally win a gold medal. Evidently her life isn't complete without one.

Now, guess what? Kwan is going to leave, and one of our best figure skaters can't be on the team now because the USOC didn't want to hurt Kwan's precious feelings.

If this isn't a travesty, and solid proof that the USOC team selection process is filled with favoratism then I don't know what is.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Oh thats right...the winter olympics are starting.... [​IMG]

3. TennisNE1

TennisNE1 Member

I believe that if Kwan withdraws, the next in line will fill that spot.

[​IMG]

Cindy

4. Tony kelly

Tony kelly New Member

There so much sports now on TV. I to forgot about the Olympic;s .I never really paid much attention to the Winter Games .I like the Summer Games better .Track and Field is what I like and watch .

5. PastorSBC1303

Kwan did withdraw. Emily Hughes, younger sister of the 2002 gold medal winner, will take her place.

6. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

LOL, and right on BTW.

The reason is because the dolts that run the networks insist on showing sports for 10% of the broadcast and human (un)interest stories and commercials the rest of the time.

And there are so many different competitions to choose from that if they so desired they could fill all the time with sports and the necessary commercials.

The last time they had the winter olympics on they ran a story for about a half an hour on how a woman that skied in the downhill hurt her knee and had to have surgery and re-hab her knee.

Then they showed her make her run which took about 20-30 seconds. Yawnnnnn...

7. PastorSBC1303

The way the networks program may be a part of it. However, quite frankly I am just not a big fan of a lot of the sports in the Olympics, especially the winter olympics. [​IMG]

Thankfully it is NASCAR time [​IMG]

8. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Sweeeeeeep!!!!

(Let's see who gets it...)

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm glad the Winter Olympics are starting, although they are looking more and more like ESPN's X games.

Bring on the Luge, Bobsledding, and Men's hockey!

10. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I stick my my full contact suggestion!