1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Obama - Lie to your kids for a cause

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by annsni, Feb 15, 2011.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who says it's perfectly acceptable for ANYONE to lie? Not me, that's for sure.

2. targus

targus New Member

And a troll to boot.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now, you're conflating the larger "black community" (which you started out addressing), with individual "communities" in cities; and because those rough parts of cities are mostly black, so then it's the entire black "community" in the country who are "not like" anyone else and need to be reprimanded. Basically, it sounds like the people themselves are not like any others. (And all this anger and resentment I am seeing about it). Yeah; I guess just like they all switched to the Democrats solely to gain all your money for free as claimed elsewhere.
    What exactly do you want? Has Acts 17:26, Gal. 3:22 and Rom.3 been falsified? Or is it some sort of "curse" or something? Satan's seed? (There are people out there who still seem to believe the latter two!)

Again, it's so strange that you're the ones who have long reacted against "race cards", so I don't know why all of a sudden some of you have been boldly dealing them out yourselves. Stop blaming other people for all these problems that are part of a fallen world! (Which is manifested through other sins in other groups of people, and all groups have them in equal measure, one way or another).

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Statistically, there's a much larger proportion of black families that are not intact...illegitimate kids, absent dads, etc. Thus, there's much more crime. Not to hard to draw the parallel.

If you changed it around and the same were true about Caucasian families, the same story would play out the other way.

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

All of this relies heavily on statistical figures, but funny, after my post last night, I found this: http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1649747&postcount=5
    "we can make numbers show just about anything we want"!
    Yet here, they are taken as if God spoke them in scripture, or on tablets of stone.

And this was in fact demonstrated here in last year's round of racial debate, when people threw up the numbers, and then Billwald or someone else would find other numbers that contradicted the premise being made. Then, the numbers would be used or dismissed at one's convenience.
    (Like particularly in the Grasshopper" debate, where at first it was actually denied that Jim Quinn's "lazy grasshoppers" were a reference to blacks, but a couple here recently have been making it quite clear that they in "fact" are; and using these statistics).

The point here is not to deny that a large section of black culture has a problem with crime or families (note: a section; not the whole body of people), but that it does not justify the broad sweeping judgments being made, and the resentment. If anything, you should pity the people. They're not riding off into the sunset with your country and its wealth, like Quinn's grasshoppers. The people living that way are totally miserable.

I found this article interesting:
    http://thefreshxpress.com/2010/11/72-of-black-kids-are-born-to-unwed-mothers-so-what/
    as it points out (as I mentioned on the "State of the Blacks" thread) that the changing morality of family structure is part of America as a whole. And Christians had long been complaining about this in the larger culture.

The reason why blacks are "ahead" on that, is because the emphasis on the family structure comes from the Christian tradition which emphasized monogamy. The Caucasian culture had been Christian for centuries, and the "morality" was often overboard (there was a lot of uptightness with sex seen as "dirty" in itself; "pregnant" was once a dirty word, even).
    Christian culture was still fairly new to blacks, who were originally brought into it against their will, (and then, many were rebelling against it because of the way it was used against them).

So while there may have been more of a tight morality among the earlier black Christianity, the cultural uptightness was still not as ingrained in them as it was in the larger society, so they remained more open to sensual freedom. (This is where the issue with the music comes in as well). And this wasn't always sinful in itself (as God created the desires), it simply needed to be channeled into God's standards.

So when they finally gained full freedom, and at the same time, the morality of the rest of society was changing (as Christians so complained), then they seemed to "lead" in this moral looseness, and men were no longer forced to marry girls they got pregnant. And then, yes, the social programs came to be abused or overrelied on, to support the lifestyle.

But it does no good now to single the whole race of people out with all of this anger as if they are single handedly destroying the nation, or compare which group has the highest negative statistics. What is that really supposed to achieve? It's not going to make the people change. It only perpetuates alienation, and the tension people are saying should have long passed by now.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow. Eric manages to make the demise of the intact nuclear family in the black community the fault of white people.

Wow.

Must be nice when everything wrong is the fault of someone else.

7. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dubya Bush did it.

8. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is not intended to over-simplify this problem, but, the demise of the black family (and a smaller but growing proportion of white families) can be traced to one primary institution - GOVERNMENT WEALFARE.

9. targus

targus New Member

Actually, he is right - but for the wrong reasons.

The demise of the black community is the fault of LIBERAL white people.

10. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

How in the world do you figure that from what I wrote? :confused:
    I think you guys are so used to throwing that defense out, it's just automatic, or you see it in everything someone says.
    Isn't this exactly what he's accusing me of doing? So it is the fault of the other race; but just one political wing within that race.

What happened to all men being sinful, and sin causing the problems in the world?
    You're the ones constantly trying to isolate sin to one group or another, and then you think that's what I'm doing too, but it's not.

#30 Eric B, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some black intellectuals recognize the facts of the matter:

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Despite all the excuse making obscured by your verbosity, you haven't changed the facts.

No one has said they are destroying the nation. But they are solely responsible for, and doing a bang up job of, destroying their own family cohesiveness...the results of which we see every day on our news channels and in our newspapers and in our prisons.

And those are the facts that no amount of rationalization and finger pointing at white peoople can make go away.

As Walt Williams has said, it's not the Klan riding through black neighborhoods, shooting the place up and making it too dangerous to go out at night.

13. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who is "pointing at white people". The only pointing being done around here time and time again, is at black people. Again, you see your own behavior in someone else, even when they are not doing it themselves.

And what you make up for my "verbosity" is in the volume of topics pointing at everyone else for all the evils in the country.

Can you tell me what the point of hashing these so-called "facts" is? Especially when you're the ones starting these threads, and there are very few who even argue the other side, so it's not like you're responding to someone here actually blaming whites or something.
    After awhile, it sounds like "Look at them"; they're not good like us". And yes, people do claim they are destroying the nation. After all, those neighborhoods they "terrorize" are apart of the nation (which people feel has been "taken" from them), as well as the "our news channels and in our newspapers and in our prisons."

And this from a conservative movement that never owns a single fault for anything! All I have seen the last 30 years is complaints about how so much is wrong in "their" nation, yet it's ALL blamed on every other group imaginable-- the blacks, the white liberals, the Jews, the non-Christians, the atheists, the Communists, the feminists, the younger generations, the homosexuals and the abortionists.
    So you see someone else as making themselves faultless and 100% pure and innocent, but that is precisely what you have been doing. If you were aware of your own sinfulness (as fellow members of the fallen human race), I think you would have more grace on another group with it's problems. But instead, it's nothing but guilt-laden projection.

Do you have any solution, other that to just constantly point at "them", and compare them to "your"(our)"? It seems like you so badly want to sit in a judge's seat and point at "excuses" and pass some sort of sentence.

Again, if it's the liberals you are after, then keep the black people out if it. You yourself have said they have been victimized by those liberals. They are not riding high and having a good ol' time off of the liberal policies. So stop talking about them like they are the co-villains.

14. mandym

mandym New Member

Or that is just what you want to read into it. It surely doesn't look justified.

15. billwald

billwald New Member

None of you, not any person on the baptistboard list, has ever had children or grandkids who "believed in "Santa Claus?" If your kids "believed in" Santa does that make you a liar or at least a propagator of lies?

16. mandym

mandym New Member

Mine have never believed in Santa, the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy. Such nonsense is foolishness and should never be part of Christian living. Clinton taught the country to lie to the legal system. Obama teaches the country to lie to your kids. With Clinton it was because it was just about sex and the President should not be bothered with such frivolities. With Obama it is about exercise. Either way in their world the end justifies the means.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Mine never did. Yes, we do the tooth fairy but we know who the tooth fairy is. :D

18. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, I've been asking them for their real conclusion for some time, and they're not quite giving it. Like we heard "call out the African Community for what it is", but that "what" is never exactly filled in. They say "look at the facts, look at the facts", which are supposed to say something they then wouldn't have to, and I question seriously anytime I see so-called "facts" (especially something as human and fallible as 'statistics') that always end up bad for one group and always in favor of another. People skew or misinterpret (such as draw false, overgeneralized conclusions from) those things. And it's not hard to see why.

The Bible says that all mankind is equally sinful, and Paul goes as far as to compare the Israelites (who were the actual "chosen nation" by God) with the ungodly gentiles, and says "Are we better than they"? (Rom.3:9ff) The Israelites could look at all the demonism, violence and sensuality of the Greeks and Romans and say the same things, but ultimately, before God, they were no better. Even once regenerate, the Christians continued to be susceptible to falling into sin, even as groups.

But nobody wants to believe that about themselves. Of course, that's exactly what's being pointed out about a particular group of people, but that problem is never tied to a single group, it is common to all of man. So the others who seem to think all the "facts" are against those other people are most likely distorting or omitting things as well, for they are no less human.

#38 Eric B, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are. :type:

20. mandym

mandym New Member

There are a great many from the black community that would see your argument as unfounded. Bill Cosby was criticized by the NAACP for saying many of the same things you are having a problem with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gh3_e3mDQ8&feature=related