1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Obama Spent 42 Days on Vacation this Past Year

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm willing to give the president the benefit of the doubt being expressed here.

Let's hope he comes back refreshed and with a jobs plan that will knock the ball out of the park.

In the words of Judy Tenuta "Hey, It's possible!!".

HankD

2. targus

targus New Member

Does anyone here want to try to defend Michelle's decision to use a SECOND JET, a SECOND HELICOPTER, and a second MOTORCADE...

...just so she could get her vacation started FOUR HOURS earlier?

Instead of saving thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars simply by waiting the four hours for Obama to go?

What is this anyway? The first American Royalty?

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The idea of actual "savings" isn't accurate. These costs are built into the budget for protective services for the year and are well within the projected costs.

I don't understand why people get so uptight about this stuff. Other than just another useless accusation to lob at elected officials it isn't a very good criticism.

Now if you want to wonder why President Obama is taking the rest of the month off when we are in the midst of a significant struggle economically that is fine by me. But lay off his wife and children. It isn't appropriate.

How often did people criticize the former Republican administrations when their wives and progeny went off on vacations? I doubt there is a thread in this forum protesting the numerous vacations (with protective details the same as the current administration) of our former leadership.

Seems a waste of an argument.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There Is No Defense for...

...Just plane waste (excuse my pun on the word):laugh:

There is also the possibility that things are bad between her and Barry, and their marriage is having problems. What other reasons would a wife go to the same vacation spot a few hours earlier than her spouse? :tear:

However, in all honesty, when the budgets are as bad as they are, these two continue to demonstrate their "Let them eat cake!" attitude. :tear:

What a shame that this president can't demonstrate frugality and wisdom in the area of spending taxpayer's money!

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What kind of people make accusations like this?

6. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

On a related note, the other day I was flipping through the channels and one of the morning news shows was on (I think it was ABC). The news crawler was going across the bottom of the screen. The first line I saw said something to the effect of "President Obama to work on Job Growth Plan" the next line said "President Obama to start 10 Day Vacation". :laugh::laugh:

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Don't know,

What kind of person(s) would make this kind of comment? Not I! I was simply making an observation as to why they may have gone separately. Another reason, and it is likely the one that counts, has to do with security!

Thanks for calling me out on this, but it was merely an observational opinion, not an accusation. I hope there was no harm. No foul! If there was a foul, I'll take full r for going to far, and say I'm sorry! :tear:

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I too feel that this was a very unfair statement. It would be like questioning a couple's relationship because he (or she) slept on the couch because of one of them snoring. 'Oh, there are not sleeping together. There must be something wrong in their relationship.' There has been nothing to indicate that the Obama's are anything but a loving, caring family.

I appreciate your willingness to rescind the statement.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My presumption was that the POTUS First Lady went first to make sure everything was as the Commander In Chief likes things to be.

Maybe he has a bit of an Adrian Monk complex.
    She brought his favorite pillow, towels, etc...

HankD

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I guess it is easy for a person to allow their imagination dictate truth when the person they are attacking is someone they don't like.

If I saw the preacher's wife pulling out of a liquor store parking lot, and I then told others that she must be a closet drunk, I would be guilty of gossip. Even though my assumptions would be based on some actual facts, her leaving the parking lot, they would still be gossip.

11. targus

targus New Member

Someone one her staff of twenty-six assistants couldn't make sure that he has his favorite pillow, towels, etc.?

It required a second jet, second helicopter and second motorcade to ensure that Obama had Coke, not Pepsi, in the fridge?

BTW has anyone seen the pictures of the ten or twelve SUV motorcade required to take Obama to the bookstore to buy a paperback copy of "Brave New World"?

Didn't Obama make of big deal of doing government "smarter" during the campaign?

Hasn't he heard of Kindle?

Also isn't "Brave New World" the book about a government that fools the people into thinking that everything is all right when in reality it's not?

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd go ahead of my husband if I had a chance just to be able to set up things from me - not the people who get paid for it. I'd be quite a bit happier if my own husband did something special for me as opposed to someone who is employed by him. Also, it could be that she needed some extra time to get ready for an event where a guy needs only enough time to shower, shave and get dressed. I don't see what the big deal is.

13. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No matter what...

....It shows deliberate waste of taxpayer money. As Targus said, couldn't their staff have gone ahead to take care of the pre-needs, especially given the costs involved in sending the first lady, necessary security and her entourage, four hours before the POTUS.

Does no one see the disgraceful waste of money and public resources with this??? And please don't blame my dislike for Obama. That dog won't hunt! This was clearly a waste of money, manpower, fuel, and taxpayer money.

14. Max Fenster

Max Fenster New Member

And if you lived in a glass house?
    Behavior on this thread is not Christ like.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Forum...

Glad you found the forum, and I pray your stay here is a blessing, not only to yourself, but, to others.

As for the behavior on this forum, comment, while it may seem to be "not Christ like!" please keep in mind that this is a forum, and posts are made, and others have the right to agree, disagree, and post their opinions.

At times, we get out of the spirit and into the flesh, but, that is the reality of being a Child of God. I hope you find the forum, overall, to be to your liking. And I look forward to seeing you around the many different topics of discussions. :wavey:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is on its fourth page so I'm closing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.