1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Obama's Dresses?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Gwen, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I liked her choice for the Inaugration. The yellow is pretty on her, and is a positive, upbeat, happy color. Good choice!:thumbs:

But I don't like the Ball Gown by Jason Wu. She keeps pulling on the train, and I don't think it's sophisticated enough. All the detail washes out onscreen. It looks like a prom dress. A strapless dress with some elegant jewelry, and maybe an updo for her hair would have been a better choice.

What do you think?

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think I'm glad I'm a guy... Shine your shoes, shave, take a shower and put on the good clothe and you're good to go.

I wonder how long it took Obama to decide on that white tie? Or is that the one Michelle laid out for him?

3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I think all the President's wear white tie--so he probably didn't even have to decide that. lol

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The gown was...there. I just don't get gowns with one shoulder strap. It's dumb. Wear two or none, but preferably two. You only wear one if it's New Year's and you're also in a diaper. Other than that it was pretty.

I thought the yellow outfit was tragic. She looked like the Wal-Mart smiliey. "Watch for falling fashion!" The top was weird (especially with that hairdo), the length of it was totally wrong and WHAT was up with those shoes?!

She should dress more like me. Old nasty jammies that haven't been washed in a month and hair flung back in a scrunchy if there's one to be found. Now THAT is fashion! If she did that she could be like me and lay all up on the couch watching inaugurations and going "Oh no you DI'nt just wear that color yellow with your skin tone!"

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

He probably had to decided which suit/tux to chose, with so many styles it can be as long of a process. I took both my boys to rent a tux for prom, and their were a couple of hundred choices.
    The white gown, one shoulder, the bottom is really pretty, the top looks messy, and I'm with Gina, I just don't get one shoulder gowns. The yellow was a nice color for her, but it seemed without real shape or style.

#5 donnA, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Are men allowed in the women's forum? :smilewinkgrin:

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I liked the dress she wore for the Inauguration a lot. I thought it was very stunning and flattering to her.

I did not like the white dress she wore for the Ball! I was very surprised she chose this. I think it made her look fat -- wasn't there some kind of little clumps or balls on the gown as decoration? It looked like a chenille bedspread. Ugh!

I didn't like the strap, either.

She should have worn a pretty teal or blue gown with 2 straps. She looks good in a lot of colors and I think white was a blah choice for her.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think thats the part I liked, LOL.

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Whoops!... Now I'm embarrassed. Somebody might think I'm one of these modern men who thinks it's discrimination that they can't use the women's restroom.

Sorry ladies...

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It's not the private ladies one so I think you're allowed. It's just that we talk about more girly stuff here. Not sure why it's considered more girly, but then again we have that whole role reversal thing going on and the feminization of men, so I'm probably just a prawn in the whole scheme of liberal modernism.

HA HA! Prawn...I always wanted to say that instead of pawn because the visual is so funny...I should have had one of my artists do a painting of it before I moved from the gallery!

11. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

The Inauguration gown was ok but didn't do much for me....but then I'm not really a yellow fan when it comes to clothes, so it was probably just me.

I thought she looked as big as a house in the ball gown, and I agree - she needed color!! I called my sister during the coverage and I think my brother-in-law said it best: She looks like a big bowl of coconut!

Michelle, I hope you are not reading this post! :wavey:

12. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

LOL!! Pamela, you are too funny!

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

And here I thought people were complaining it's her husband who isn't colorful enough! :laugh:

14. Lilachka523

Lilachka523 New Member

Me personally, I dont think it was very appropriate what she wore. Too much skin showing and not respectful to her or her husband or the people of america. But maybe I'm just old fashioned and old school :1_grouphug: