1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michigan city bans being annoying in public

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by moondg, Dec 19, 2008.

1. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

BRIGHTON, Mich. (AP) - Ticking someone off could get you a ticket in one Michigan city. The Brighton City Council on Thursday approved an ordinance allowing police in the Livingston County community to ticket and fine anyone who is annoying in public "by word of mouth, sign or motions."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D95619F80&show_article=1&catnum=9

Sometime I think we could use this on here. :laugh:

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just this morning a guy was yelling the name of someone from at least 6:30 AM until 7AM.He kept repeating it every 3 seconds or so.Then at 6:50 his yells became angry shouts with expletives tossed in.At that point I told him (yea verily) with an uplifted voice :"Stop it!Be quiet.Go home or something,but quit yelling your head off!" He responded with a lowering of the head "I am soory." However,he kept it up until someone spoke with him.It became quiet from 7 AM until 8:00 AM. At that point until 8:15 he renewed his campaign.Such is life "In the land of the morning calm." The man was most certainly annoying in public.Too bad those rules aren't in effect here.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Isn't 'being annoying' a little subjective? What I consider being annoying might not be what someone else considers being annoying, and vice versa. How much do we do as christians thats annoying to non christians, like praying before a meal in public, wearing a christian tee shirt, etc.

4. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Guess I can't take my third child home to visit Grandma. Snort!

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Another thought, some people are annoyed by children being around, or some by children playing outside, even if it is their own yard, their presence is annoying. Are they going to fine children for existing?

6. Spinach

Spinach New Member

In all seriousness, I think the ban is directed at those who are purposely annoying to cause a fight. I don't think you can press charges against, say, the accordion player on the corner who happens to annoy you.

7. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

What exactly does "annoying" mean? I find profanity not only annoying but offensive; the same is true about the foul, putrid stench of any tobacco. I find barking dogs very annoying and can't understand why the owner doesn't do anything about it. I find the racket made from someone working on his car and constantly revving up the engine annoying. I find loud music from cars and other people's homes to be annoying. I find some just plain annoying.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

with subjective in mind . . .

I was standing behind a woman at the check out counter. The cashier pleasantly said, I hope you are having a good day. The woman whispered something to her. The cashier responded, I'm so sorry that my voice bothers you.

OH my goodness! She was so pleasant. Maybe a bit loud, but Oh my goodness! I really don't think this is a road we want to go down.