1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Microsoft at its best ....

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by exscentric, Sep 1, 2007.

1. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wife got Vista and we were setting it up for the home network. Couldn't find the network wizard, (from xp days) couldn't find much in help about it but finally discovered it is now called workgroup not network :BangHead:

In windows 3.1 for workgroups it was called workgroups, then somewhere between that and xp it became network or home network, and now they have changed back - will they ever opt to be consistent :tongue3:

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I can't say I've been especially happy with Vista. It keeps shutting down periodically for unknown reasons. It did not like Norton at all. I had to switch to Trend Micro.

Other issues, well, I can't tell if they are Vista or the Vaio . .

3. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The wife works for the state and the new computers have vista but they are installing xp over it :thumbs:

I don't know if it is license issue or if they don't like it or they just need to get everything they have cobbled together to work on vista :tongue3:

Wasn't overly impressed with anything on vista but only worked with it for a couple hours. It takes microsoft longer than that to get me agitated usually :tonofbricks:

4. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, we can't get outlook to retain its passwords even with the box clicked. Fought it couple hours, finally figured out the above.

Went online and there are pages of google returns about the problem.

Outlook prior and including 2003 retains the passwords in a protected area - which vista does not have :BangHead: We have 2002 which conveniently is no longer supported by Microsoft due to its age - since June of course, isn't that about the time vista .....

We have it finally so that she only has to enter the password each time she opens outlook. She will be letting it sleep so shouldn't be too big a problem.

She has a pocket pc and we set the sync up on it and it all worked the first time - she turned to me and said, "Something works like it should!"

We did a restore thinking that would cure the outlook problem - didn't - only MS can do that and they aren't likely to.

Anyway she is off and running and we both kind of like vista though we are too new to it to have gotten bit more than a few times as of yet :laugh: