1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Microsoft office: HELP please!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Gina B, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm not used to not having it. Right now all that's on this computer is notepad, and WordPad.

I used to have some totally awesome office programs, but don't remember what they were.

I just now decided that I can't do anything without at least Microsoft Office Word.

Is there anywhere online to download it for free? If not, are there other programs that do the same thing that I can download for free?

I'll buy a decent package of programs by January, so this just needs to be a basic fix for in the meantime. (I just realized I really need it for this weekend, it'll save me a lot of work!)

2. natters

natters New Member

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Open Office works fine with Word documents

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you SO very much! I downloaded and installed it and am transferring the paper I was working on to the Writer program right now.
    THANKS! [​IMG]
    Gina

5. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I have the AVG free virus protection. This morning when I turned on the computer, I started AVG as I do every morning. Avg just sat there and didn't do anything. As far as I know the free virus protection does not expire, so it should not be necessary to download it again.

To make a long story short, I uninstalled it, then installed it. Works ok now, guess it was a glitch.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

6. superdave

superdave New Member

Open office is more than a temporary solution to your problem. It is the only office suite (in addition to Star Office 8 from Sun) that will support the new Open Document Format, of Mass. fame

I have not used Microsoft Office for about 6 years, and I use Star Office every day, for text docs, spreadsheets, and presentations.

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

OpenOffice is terrific. For a lightweight word processor, try AbiWord.
    www.abisource.com