1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mid West Center for Theological Studies

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentlemen:

It has been a bit quiet heretofore. I just thought I would "stir the pot" or "stir things up" as it were?!

There are many out there who "Pooh Pooh" formal and academic education. Those same ones want academic training to be done the "local church" setting. I have one for you:

The Mid West Center for Theological Studies. I think you will find it more than adequate. You may not like their doctrinal stance but you will like their rigor. I must not and cannot throw names around on the BB by "namedropping." But I believe if you go there and check it out you will find that their program is equal to some MDiv programs out there. Go to:

http://www.mctsowensboro.org/

And please come back with some objective critiques that are worthy of our continued scholarly discussions of educational institutions maintained here on this section of the BB.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

By-the-by and what it is worth, I was recommended to teach Christian Ethics for them. I wanted this known for full disclosure. I "do have a horse in the race."

Enjoy!!!

FYI!

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

After looking at the faculty I am surprised that Calvin or reformed is not attached to the school name. That said, this looks like it will be a fine school,they have a couple of pretty heavy wieght people connected to them. I would be interested to see how thier academic program flushes out. Good luck Rhet, I'm sure you would be a top notch addition to thier faculty.:godisgood: