1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Middle East Update

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Truth Files, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

God's Word is not boring to me, and if you read my posts you will see I almost always post scripture.

No, it is that your posts are too long, too detailed. I love the Bible but I don't try to read it all in one night. I read a couple of chapters each night, frequently stopping to think and meditate on particular verses.

Shorten it up, that's all. Make a point, show a few verses of scripture to support it and let the discussion begin.

2. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

"Shorten it up, that's all. Make a point, show a few verses of scripture to support it and let the discussion begin."

What would you like to discuss?

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

I will probably engage on anything you want, just keep it short. Look, I am very guilty of this myself.

What is it that you think the church traditionally holds that is false? I am very orthodox, I believe in a pre-millennial rapture, seven year tribulation, and millennial kingdom. Do you agree with that?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently you want to discuss eschatology. Posting news articles and Scripture is not discussing anything, it is providing information. The entire internet is for that. Discussion takes questions and answers and a personal take on it.

5. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

"What is it that you think the church traditionally holds that is false? I am very orthodox, I believe in a pre-millennial rapture, seven year tribulation, and millennial kingdom. Do you agree with that?"

Absolutely .... the scriptures tell these truths without question

All of my posting on this forum presents them completely and continuously

And this thread provides what I consider to be significant parallels on the ground in today's Middle East with the prophetic scriptures

Any believer should be watching and one of my purposes is to encourage it along with teaching the related prophetic scriptures [Matthew 25:13; Revelation 1:1-3]

The Lord Jesus Christ has commanded the we be witnesses to a lost world and this is what I do

I find that most of the lost today will not seek Him unless one can present a rational basis for supporting the Bible's claims to be the Word of the living God [2Peter 1:16-21]

This must be done with scripture and it needs to be presented for them to see it ..... there is nothing more powerful

..... and one needs to be willing and able demonstrate this truth by providing historical and present day facts, and the related relationship to the scriptures

This is possible, but not if the teacher is ill equipt and has not studied these things in depth

Preaching and teaching in today's world is a very challenging task because of the rampant apostacy that exists across the board within the ranks of "professing" christianity

But this must be done as the Lord has commanded

In my early days as a Bible teacher I used to be able to listen and learn from great men of God ..... many of them southern Baptists ministers .... but very few of these exist today

Professing christiany is in shambles at this time and this trend is going to grow [1Timothy 4:1-2; 4:15-16; 2Timothy 3:1-17; 4:1-5; 2Peter 2:1-22; 3:1-9; Revelation 3:15-22]

One must do these things and at the same time fight throught the brambles of the scoffers who come to deceive, to discredit, and to cause argumentation [Matthew 24:4-5]

6. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

"Posting news articles and Scripture is not discussing anything"

Really?

What specifically would you like to discuss?

7. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why are you asking us what we want to discuss? It is you that has posted multiple threads in a very short period of time. What are you trying to say?

And do you really believe you are the only one interested in prophecy here? We have discussed prophecy here numerous times before you came to this forum.

8. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

So what would you like to discuss about prophecy?

This thread is about current events in the Middle East related to Bible prophecy

Or maybe you see no connection?

If you are not interested you can certainly ignore it .... there are those who have an interest

Some how I get the impression that you have a different motive by your comments

Maybe you are finished with all of your discussions related to Bible prophecy

I don't see much recent posting from you on this section of the forum

#28 Truth Files, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2010
  9. Winman

Winman Active Member

I have always been very interested in prophecy, but I rarely start threads of any kind. I am a counter-puncher :tongue3:

I believe that Dubai could be Babylon destroyed in Revelations 18. The UAR is seven kingdoms, the description of the city sounds exactly like this city that is built in part of the old Babylonian empire. Unlike Rome or Jerusalem, it is a seaport, so the merchants of the sea could see her destruction (Rev 18:17).

I believe Iran could attack Israel and that nations will align with Iran, perhaps the UAR, and that it will be destroyed, possibly by atomic bomb.

I am not the first to think of this, but I was not influenced by anyone either. I think what did it for me was the tremendous skyscrapers that reminded me of the tower of Babel.

Here are some photos of Dubai.

http://www.whattimeitis.org/ComingEvents/Dubai.htm

I could be wrong, but I keep my eyes open. What do you think?

10. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

Windman,

"I am a counter-puncher"

[this is good, but learn and retain substantial holy spirit inspired scriptural knowledge so that you can back up the punch .... study thy self approved and your punch will deliver devastatings blows for the Lord against those who would corrupt and use His Word for personal gain .... this kind of behavior has and does lead many astray with the potential to steal one's salvation] [Matthew 24:4-5; 2Peter 2;3; 2Timothy 3; 4]

It is scriptural and very obvious to me that the current day adherants of Islam in the Middle East are these [Psalms 83; ezekiel 38; Micah 5:4-5]

This dividing began by the Lord between the offspring of Abraham .... Isaac and Ishmael ... Jacob and Esau, it is still present today, and is the focus of the visions of the time of the end of this present age .... Israel and the nation's enemies [the ancient pre-Islamics from the Assyrian/Baylonian culture of the ancient Middle East]

Humans begain to build cities in the Tigris/Euphrates river basin just after the flood in order to create dependancy on human self government .... apart from the Lord

And this is why the Lord refers to the world's condition in Revelation as unacceptable to Him .... Mystery Babylon the Great

I would suggest to you that the beast and his followers will not destroy their own kingdom [a confederation of Middle Eastern states] .... but something else that they hate [Revelation 17:16-18]

There is a strange considential application of scripture and the destruction of the WTC

This came on September 11 ..... 9:11 [Revelation 9:11]

However I would say just a coinsidence, but maybe not

I do believe that the core cult of satan's beast from the abyss will be principally the Middle Eastern adherants of Islam .... and I know that many scriptures and the historical record support this truth[Revelation 13:11-18]

Keep your eyes open and watch the Middle East .... all of the Bible prophets' unfulfilled visions are focused there

The Lord is drawing attention to the very place where human culture developed just after the flood .... and to the place where He carved out a geographical position for His nation of Israel .... all of this setting is still a part of His end time objective .... to punish the world for inransignce and unbelief and to bring a believing renmant part of His nation into the kingdom [Zechariah 13:8-9; Acts 1:6; Romans 11:25-26]

And all who come against the Lord and Israel during the period will fall without a doubt [Psalms 2; Joel 3; Micah 5:5-6; Zecharia 12:2-3; Revelation 14:4-20; 16:1-16; 19:11-20]

#30 Truth Files, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
  11. Truth Files

Truth Files New Member

Report: Hizbullah successfully tests new missile in Iran
    Jerusalem Post - 19/09/2010

Iranian "Fatah 110" has a range of 200 km, capable of reaching Ashdod, Jerusalem; Lebanese terror group reportedly has list of priority targets.

Special Hizbullah units in Iran have successfully launched and tested a new Iranian missile "Fatah 110," according to a report over the weekend by Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Rai, Channel 2 news reported.

According to the report, the Iranian missile, which was displayed with great pride in Teheran less than a month ago, has a maximum range of 200 kilometers. This means it is capable of reaching Jerusalem and Ashdod if it was to be launched from the Israel-Lebanon border. The Kuwait newspaper said the test launches took place in Iran since such an event could not take place in Lebanon.

"The test was successful and part of the units which participated returned to their bases in Lebanon," unidentified officials told Al-Rai. Hizbullah has formulated a "bank of targets" in Israel such as "power stations and sensitive institutions" across the country, the sources added.

According to figures publicized in August in an Iranian broadcast in English, the missile is 9 meters in length and weighs 3,500 kilograms. It is powered by solid fuel propellant and is the third version of the missile, which has existed for several years within the Iranian military.

Last week, senior Hizbullah officials broadened their "bank of targets" to include top Israeli security officials. The pictures of prominent officials were placed on playing cards, in terms of rank, similar to how the US prioritized its targets at the beginning of the Iraq war.

Head of the Mossad Meir Dagan was placed on an "ace" card since Hizbullah views Dagan primarily responsible for the assassination of terrorist Imad Mugniyeh. On Sunday, the terror group announced that after Dagan leaves his post, he will be in the organization's target sights, Channel 10 news reported.

Number two in the Hizbullah "assassination list" is Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi, who was also in an active post during the Mugniyeh assassination. In third place is head of military intelligence (AMAN) Maj.-Gen. Amos Yadlin and fourth, former prime minister during the assassination of Mugniyeh, Ehud Olmert. Former chief of staff, Maj.-Gen (res.) Dan Halutz was ranked fifth.