1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Middle eastern Countries" have been been there

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Vera Hammoudeh, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Vera Hammoudeh

Vera Hammoudeh New Member

"I was wandering" has anyone here ever went to the middle eastern Countries before, if so where & what was your thoughts of the Country you visited?

Like what was your empression of how you were treated by the people there?

Vera:type:

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Do you really want to ask that question?

I just pray that the folks that have had a bad experience take it easy on you, or stay silent.

Now the folks that had a great experience - go for it . . .

;)

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in Jordan and Israel on a tour. I enjoyed both immensely but for different rreasons.
    Obviously I enjoyed Israel because of the Biblical connection.
    But I also love being in Jordan. We were there during the month of Ramadan. We were well treated. I even got lost at night in Amman and never had a problem.
    One strange event happened. After dark we went to a large mall in Amman. I was a youth pastor then and was always watching teenagers. It was amazing that in that mall just like in malls in America the teen age boys were watching the teenage girls. The funny thing was that most of the girls were wearing their covering and all the guys could see was the eyes.

We really didn't get a chance for much interaction with people except for tour guides and bus drivers. But it was a positive experience.

4. Vera Hammoudeh

Yes i know what you mean i have been to Jordan 2 times myself in Amman & i went to the Malls & i seen what your talking about also.
    I went to the dead sea & it was very Nice there, i hope you go back sometime & visit the Dead Sea if you haven't already.

:type:
    Vera

5. Vera Hammoudeh

And Yes sir i do want to really ask this Question. By the way my Husband is from Jordan & yes he is Arabic also.

:wavey: vera