1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by semstudent, Feb 11, 2005.

1. semstudent

semstudent New Member

I am a proud new student at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO. For those of you who are not familiar with the seminary it is a SBC seminary. I believe that this seminary is a diamond in the rough. It lacks certain ammenities of the big institutions of the SBC, but it does not fall short academically. I am very pleased with the faculty and the education I will receive from this institution. You can check it out at www.mbts.edu.

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    semstudent,

If you and he can find the time, attach yourself to Don whitney. It will be worth your time.

sdg!

rd

3. Broadus

Broadus Member

I second that suggestion, and try to find Jim Eliff while you're at it ( www.ccwonline.org ).

Blessings,
    Bill

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I am a graduate of MBTS and I agree with a lot of what you say. I was sad to see two of their best professors leave in the last few years in Dr. Ron Rogers and Dr. Gary Smith. However I agree with Dr. Whitney, he is top notch. Also, Dr. Awbrey and Dr. Tomlinson are great!!!! I enjoyed my time there, and wish you well.

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a MABTS grad and have known Ron Rogers for a long time. Where did Ron go? What is he doing now?

rd

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Dr. Rogers was probably my 1st or 2nd favorite professor while at MBTS. He was so real. I loved him, took as many classes with him as I could. He left in the summer of 2003 to return to Brazil as a missionary and to teach in a seminary there.

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah that whole library thing...just kidding. I like Midwestern. Congrats on being in seminary, go for the gusto while you're there!